Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday, everyone! 

It's been a dreary, rainy Monday here in Kansas City. Luckily, though, we had a beautiful, warm weekend before the rain came.

Friday night I headed to the grocery store after work, determined to get the groceries done before heading into the actual weekend.  Then, we had a quiet night at home with the 'rents.  M's mom made steaks on the grill, and we were so exhausted that we headed to bed early (I know, we're the life of the party, huh?).

Saturday I got lots done around the house, cleaning up our spaces and doing laundry.  I also did a little errand running and just hanging out.  Saturday night, M went out for a poker game with one of his friend, and I had the fun treat of dinner out with a few of my favorite blogger ladies!  I also got to cross off another one on my 101 in 1001- eating Sushi!  We celebrated D.A.R.'s birthday (at Ra Sushi) and had lots of fun conversation!  I love getting together with these ladies and can't wait for our next get-together.

Our side of the Table: Me, Mrs. Eyecansee, JessLee

 My first bite of sushi.. yes, with a fork- very authentic

 the other side of the table : D.A.R. and Domestic Goddess

The whole group: Me, D.A.R., Mrs. Eyecansee, Domestic Goddess, JessLee (we missed you Gwen)

For the record, my verdict on sushi is... It's alright. I ate a little bit of everyone's and had lots of variety. I didn't LOVE any of it, and I didn't so much like that you swallowed a lot of it without so much enjoying it.  That said, I could do it again if need be, and maybe I would try out some different things.  Maybe a little less raw... I may have had a slight tummy ache after... oh well, I'm glad I tried it and glad I know now what it's all about! Thanks for sharing, girls!



Sunday, M and I slept in and then headed out to a couple of open houses (I had been hoping to go real house hunting, but our realtor was booked this weekend).  We liked one house and didn't like the other.  The one we liked was a little higher in price than we wanted and didn't have a fenced in yard, so it's a maybe, I guess.  We both liked it, just not quite a winner right now.  We ARE, however, getting to go house hunting this week, and we are SO SO SO excited!  Sunday afternoon, we had an early dinner and Cayne and I took an almost 2.5 mile walk around the neighborhood- to say he was pooped out after that would be an understatement... I think our baby is a little out of shape!  We wrapped up Sunday by watching Football and Sunday night TV.  The in-laws are off on vacation again this week, so it's just us love birds holding down the fort again!  

Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!  More 101 in 1001 updates to come soon... Until then, working through a super busy but very exciting week at the deFlon house!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yey for Sushi! I'm not a big sushi fan myself, but I've been convinced to try a few pieces... but I don't like fish either so it takes some convincing to try sushi :)

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I'm with you on the sushi....cooked or raw I just don't do seafood. The beef roll was excellent though...if you could get past the rawness. :)

Jess said...

Super-fun night! Just so ya know you really don't have to swallow it, I chew mine just like a piece of meat -I think you need to give it a second try :) and I also usually eat it with a fork as well.
I'm already looking forward to book club.

d.a.r. said...

I had so much fun with you girls!! I love how, if we had time, we would all just sit there for an entire night talking and talking. Thanks for helping me celebrate :)

Gwen said...

I'm so glad you tried it and now you can say you have!!! I really wish I could have made it. Once again...I won't miss next time!!! XOXO

Makenzie said...

definitely love your hair!!!!!!

Kitty and June said...

it was such a fun night!!! so glad you tried sushi-you are so brave! :) have a great week!! good luck house-hunting! :)