Monday, September 20, 2010

101 in 1001

It's finally here, my 101 in 1001.  For anyone who might not have seen this before, this is a list of 101 things I want to do in 1001 days.  That's 101 things to accomplish in about 2.75 years I'm so excited to get started on this journey.  Some of these things are small (and may seem insignificant as you read through) and some are big HUGE things.  As an organizer by nature, I found it best to copy Amber at YFN and group my list into categories.  I also want to preface this list by saying that these are just goals I have for myself, aimed at getting me to do things I might not otherwise do/accomplish.  I am totally open to changes in my life and God's plan for me that might change the circumstances so a goal wouldn't work.  That's life, and I'll take that as it comes and go from there. Well, here goes!

101 in 1001- Starting September 21, 2010 and finishing June 18, 2013

HEALTH/FITNESS/BEAUTY
1. Run 1/2 Marathon 
2. Run 10K (4/2/11)
3. Start taking a multivitamin
4. Whiten my teeth
5. Research and buy new (and good) running shoes (12/2010)
6. Try spin class again (2/2011)
7. Try yoga again (Fall 2010)
8. Find a dentist here and go regularly
9. Try spray tanning

FAMILY
1. Get pregnant
2. Have my sisters here to visit/meet them somewhere for a get together
3. Spend time (non family holiday) with my (Love) Grandparents
4. Find a mutual hobby for Matt and me
5. Have Love family pictures taken
6. Have pictures taken of Matt and me
7. Get another dog
8. Do 5k with my mom and sisters (12/24/10)
9. Visit Matt's Granny at her house
10. Take dinner over to Josh's (BIL) apartment
11. Video chat with my family
12. Attend a ball game with Dad
13. Have deFlon family holiday at our place

FAITH/CHARITY
1. Volunteer in a children's hospital
2. Join a Bible Study
3. Join a church
4. Pray each morning (continuous, but am doing regularly)
5. Verbally share my testimony
6. Donate to locks of love
7. Volunteer somewhere with Matt
8. Sponsor a child
9. (Once we've joined a church) Increase tithing by $X (still thinking/praying on amount)
10. Go to a Christian concert
11. Do 1 (or more) random act of kindness each month.
12. Read the entire Bible

CAREER/EDUCATION
1. Love my job or find a job I love
2. Plan/coordinate 7 or more weddings/events
3. Take the PHR exam
4. Decide if want to get masters
5. Receive 4/+on review at work
6. Fix (very messed up) files at work
7. Decorate office
8. Refresh my Spanish (take class, do online refresher, etc)
9. Plan outing/event to get to know my coworkers

TRAVEL
1. Visit 2 new countries
2. Go on a vacation with just me and Matt
3. Go to a K-State away football game
4. Go to a K-State basketball game
5. Visit Courtney in Pennsylvania
6. Have a girl's weekend with NC friends
7. Go on a road trip and site see along the way
8. Spend a night at a Bed and Breakfast
9. Visit friends in Memphis
10. Go somewhere on a train
11. Go camping with Matt
12. Visit Emily in Wichita

MONEY/FINANCES/PURCHASES
1. Buy a house.
2. Pay off my Explorer
3. Enroll in both of our 401ks (mine starts next check 4/2011)
4. Research new phone service (choose new if necessary)
5. Buy one set of our wedding china per year.
6. Start a savings account for Matt's future business (whatever/whenever that might be)
7. Get a new/nice camera (and learn to use it).
8. Research possible new banks and decide if we want to switch.

JUST FOR FUN
1. Buy a piece of local art/pottery
2. Plan a bridal/baby shower (Marcella's Bridal shower- 3/2011)
3. Learn to water ski
4. Do "coffee tasting" and see if there's one I like (I have yet to even close to like any coffees).
5. Go hunting with Matt
6. Have a party at our place
7. Get a message (can't believe I've never done this) (4/2011)
8. Write a letter to me in 10 years.
9. Maintain this blog and blog about each goal accomplished.
10. Go to a football game at my high school.
11. Go to a Pro Football game
12. Visit a vineyard and do a wine tasting
13. Go to Ikea
14. Go on a picnic
15. Start recycling
16. Try fly fishing
17. Attend a festival
18. Start using reusable grocery bags
19. Do something I'm really scared to do (although I have yet to figure out what it will be)
20. Try sushi (10/9/10)
21. See a movie at Fork and Screen (10/2/10)
22. Try 15 new Restaurants
23. Find 1 beer I like
24. Go to the KC farmer's market
25. Go on a hot air balloon ride

LEARN/MAKE
1. Learn to sew with my sewing machine
2. Learn to drive a stick shift
3. Make 1 new meal per month
4. Sew curtains for our house
5. Learn to grill
6. Make a headboard
7. Try cake decorating (maybe take a class)
8. Make 3 cakes from scratch (1- My choice, 2- Sugar free/Splenda for M's dad, 3- Boston creme pie for M)
9. Make petit fours 
10. Get my Granny's chair here and get it covered
11. Plant a plant/flower
13. Make an address book


Wish me luck!


7 comments:

The Yellow Door said...

So fun! good luck!! There's a REALLLY nice bed and breakfast right by the legends, and tons of local wineries (Sp?) that would be super fun to visit!! Awesome list!

d.a.r. said...

Okay, next time I come to KC we are going out for sushi :) This is a fun list!!

Anonymous said...

This is SUCH a great idea!! I don't know if I could come up with 101 things though!!

Anonymous said...

Great list! Ok that's one I'm working on... have been for a while. It's difficult coming up with realistic things!

Mateya said...

Great list! I think I would have trouble coming up with 101 things :)

beka said...

I love this list! You should take M to Stone Hill Winery in Hermann, MO- Sean and I went last fall and had lunch at their delish and adorable restaurant, then toured the underground stone cellars, then did a wine tasting- and came home with undisclosed number of bottles... :)

Gwen said...

What a great list!!! I so need running shoes and any time you want a massage I know a great place for like 1/2 the normal price!!! I should totally make one of these lists too. XOXO