Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Whole New World

Today I opened up a whole new world....

I got a Library Card! 


 It may sound super nerdy, but I'm so excited!  There are so many great books, movies, magazines, and even video games available there! I'm excited to save money on buying some books if I'm not sure I want to buy them, and I'm thinking I might even have to spend some afternoons hanging out there!  It's been a long time I've had a library card, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to wear this one out pretty quickly... I even told M he could use it.. that's how much I love him!

Do you do the "library thing"?  I don't know about you, but I'm thinking I'm really going to enjoy this!

(Big day tomorrow- first house hunting trip! Only two houses, but we're still super excited!)

7 comments:

Our Volunteer Family said...

I love the library - and you can even hold books online as well. I would always do that - instead of buying them. Since Jack's birth - sadly - my reading mostly consists of baby info books or a people magazine. Good Luck house hunting today!

The Yellow Door said...

I love the library! Plus the have free reading and music classes for the girls which bonus it's free!! good luck on the houses!!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Ummm...I'm a huge library geek! I'm too cheap to buy books...they're expensive and then what the heck do you do with a bunch of already ready books lying around the house! No thanks! I got my library card the first month we lived here!

Anonymous said...

if I got a library card, I'd have to pay $10 (last I knew) b/c I live outside city limits. I'm not sure I'd use it as much....

Good luck on the house hunt!!!

Gwen said...

I love going to the library. Plus with a kid it's like a must. Congrats on setting roots and getting that card. :) Can't wait to hear about your house hunting!!! Good luck!!! XOXO

Anonymous said...

My very first job (when I was 16) was at my little hometown's public library. I'll never forget it. Unfortunately, I haven't been to this big city's public library in a very long time. I really should go check it out. Thanks for the reminder!

beka said...

Heck yes! Library card holder, right here.