Today's Blog Challenge is on What I'm Afraid of.
I'm kind of a scaredy-cat and am pretty afraid of all the typicals... snakes, spiders, disorganization (kidding.. kind of), car accidents (I think I tend to be a little overly paranoid on this one).
Aside from that I have two related fears that I'm working on overcoming- RISK and REGRET. I am terrified of taking on risky situations. This move was incredibly risky for me, but we were lucky that it all turned out okay. This, though, is very outside the norm for me. I don't want to live life afraid of taking risks, as they sometimes make for the greatest outcomes, but it's still a work in progress for me. Then there's regret.. I'm afraid I'll end up regretting lots of decisions I've made. Many of them involved location.. where I went to school, where we've chosen to live, where I've chosen to work. I wouldn't change how it's all turned out so far, but I've always been scared I'll end up with regret. Again, this is something I'm working on because regret seems like a big waste of time. After all, there's always something you can learn from a situation, even if you aren't glad it happened. I guess the trouble is if there's no time to fix it...

1 comment:
OMG, sista, you are in the same boat as me! I live with those fears every day. Just trust in God (which I can tell you do) and know that he sees the big picture and sometimes it's the big picture that counts. Oh and remind me of this the next time I flip out :)
Post a Comment