Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 5- Siblings

As you read this, I'm off enjoying time with my siblings... okay on the way there.. for the first time in 4 months- I could not be happier (well, unless the hubby were here to share).  I have two incredible sisters and one great brother in-law.  Again, how blessed are we!

Olivia and Molly

I'm the oldest of three girls (poor Dad), and I'm blessed to have the most amazing sisters.  We're all different, but we also still have lots in common.  Olivia is the middle daughter- the peace maker- and the perfect one to hold us all together, since Molly and I are a little more stubborn.  We were lucky enough to have one year in high school together, which made us much closer.  I've really loved getting to know her as an adult now, too.  Liv is a senior at NC State and is going to be a middle school teacher.  She is super patient and laid back; I've always been jealous of her ability to just go with the flow.  She enjoys life, but knows what is important, and I'm so proud of the woman she has become.  The next year will be an exciting time for her as she graduates, starts teaching, and learns about the "real world", and even though I live far away, I look forward to experiencing it with her.  

Molly is the baby of the family, and even though we butt heads sometimes, we both know it is because we're so similar.  Molly is so smart and works so hard at everything she does.  She's multi-talented and the only "real" athlete in the group (meaning she played other sports besides cheerleading).  Molly has always been the care-taker and biggest love of all the great-grands on Mom's side and was especially close to Baylor.  She has a huge heart, and I can't wait to see all the places she'll go in life.  College is coming, and I hope and pray it is an easier transition than it was for Liv and me.  This weekend, I get to see Molly in the homecoming parade and going to the homecoming dance on Saturday- I can't wait!


At our cousin's wedding this summer: Me, Molly, and Olivia (L to R)


Oh, and both of my sisters are BEAUTIFUL!

Josh

I also have a great brother-in-law, Josh.  He is the biggest sweetheart (although his looks are a little deceiving).  I got to spend time with Josh daily while I wasn't working, and it was great to get to know him better.  Josh is also really smart, like my sisters, and is really coming into his own.  I can tell he's going to do really great things with his life, as he's finishing up college and is so independent already (I know he wonders how M and I can stand being so dependent on the parents still.. even if it's just temporary). I'm so glad we'll get to spend more time together now that we're back in KC.

At our Wedding Matt and Josh (L to R)


I'm so proud to have these three as siblings.  They each bring so much to our lives in their own way.  Whether near or far, we look forward to the new and different times ahead as we're all adults and the fun things the future will bring.  And they will all make excellent aunts and uncles to our kiddos one day!

* To play along, click here to the 30 Day Blogger Challenge



1 comment:

Gwen said...

All three of you are gorgeous!!! I hope you have a fabulous trip home!!! XOXO