Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fork and Screen

This Saturday I crossed the first goal off my 101 in 1001 by going to the Fork and Screen movie theater.  For those who are not familiar with this concept, Fork and Screen is essentially a movie theater that also serves food and drinks during the movie.  

The theater looks a little something like this:
 Pretty cool, right?  Matt and I thought so- we had a great time.  They have a full menu similar to that of a Chili's or Applebee's, but because our movie was a little on the early side, we decided to just get two appetizers.  We ordered quesadillas and tortilla chips and queso along with a beer for M and a Diet Coke (unlimited free refills- woo hoo!) for me.  The food was super yummy, although I couldn't help but wish we ordered the very decadent brownie and ice cream (our "neighbors" got it and it looked incredible)!  

We saw The Social Network, the Facebook movie, and thought it was good- and very interesting.  It was certainly the untold story of Facebook, and I'd recommend it if you're looking for something good to watch (rated it movie theater worthy- but will I buy it or anything, probably not).

(I also busted out my new outfit, skinny jeans and boots included, for the night out)

 

Here's a few self portrait couple shots of M and I in the theater and in the car headed home.

 


Overall, we really enjoyed the Fork and Screen experience and would definitely do it again.  For anyone wondering about the price, the tickets were $17.50 but included a $7.50 food/drink voucher.  Therefore, it was about a $10 movie ticket (sadly, pretty typical) and then $7.50 toward your food purchase.  Then you just give the waiter the voucher and pay the difference.  We figured that it was pretty reasonable if you were planning to do dinner and a movie.  We may even opt for the "Cinema Suites" upgrade next time with more private seats (a little pricier but with more $ for food).  Yay! 1 down, only 100 to go...

3 comments:

Gwen said...

I have alwasy wanted to go watch a movie there!!! You look fabulous as always girl!!! XOXO

Brittany Ann said...

I've wanted to visit a movie-dinner place like this! I wonder if we have one here...

d.a.r. said...

So fun!! With the food credit, it isn't that unreasonable. Especially since you know you would be spending that money at a restaurant anywys.

As always, you are dressed so cute! I need you and Laura to revamp my wardrobe, pronto.