This weekend was the big Homecoming Dance, but it was also a home-coming for me, as I traveled down to NC on Friday to see Molly in the parade and going to the dance. Since I've never seen Molly go to a dance, this was super exciting for me, and I always love getting to see my family. Unfortunately, I did have to leave M behind for the weekend, as he still doesn't have vacation (only 2 more months). Friday morning I got up super early and flew down to NC. I arrived in Raleigh around noon and Olivia picked me up and we headed to Elkin for the big parade. I even managed to squeeze in some of my favorite southern fast food- BoJangles- yum- on our way home! I should have known at this point that this weekend was going to end up being a food fest!
When we got to Elkin, we hung out at home and my Aunt, Uncle, and second cousin, Bridges arrived. We all went downtown for the parade and got to watch Dad and Bridges drive Molly through town. The coolest part of the parade was that Molly wore the white dress that was my senior prom dress and Olivia's senior homecoming parade dress. It's pretty cool that we had this to share. She looked beautiful, too!
After the parade, we had pizza at home and then headed for the Homecoming game at the high school. At half time, Dad escorted Molly on the field. Although she didn't win, she was a great representative, and I was so proud of her. Dad was quite the pro, too! :)
Saturday was the Homecoming dance. After breakfast and goodbyes with the out of town family, us girls headed for Molly's hair appointment. Well, as those things go, Molly decided after that she hated her hair and we went home to redo it. She was also worried her dress didn't fit right. This was the perfect opportunity for Liv and I to show off our "super sister" skills. Liv worked on the hair and I worked on the dress. Just a few short hours and a few quick meltdowns later, Molly was ready to go and looked AMAZING! We took pictures at one of her friend's houses, and they headed off to the dance! The rest of the family had Mexican food and checked out the movie Life as We Knew It- very cute!
Sunday, we headed down to my grandparents' city to visit my grandpa, as he was in the hospital for some issues he has been having. It was nice to be able to visit, since I'm often away when things happen, but I sure wish he wasn't sick! (He's still in right now, so keep him in your thoughts and prayers if you would) After we left the hospital (and, of course, ate again) we headed home, but not before we crossed off one of my 101 in 1001- visiting Ikea! I'm going to save that for another post, though! We finished off the night at home watching TV and just spending time together- perfect!
Monday I said my goodbyes and headed back to Raleigh with Olivia. I got to see her super cute apartment and then got lucky by getting to spend a few hours with one of my best friends, Emily! We went to a lake in the area and walked to dogs while we caught up on life! It's so great to have friends like her that enable to you to pick up right where you left off! After our walk Olivia took me to the airport and I came back to KC. It was a wonderful weekend with family and friends, and I'm so glad I was able to go! I'm exhausted, but would not take it back for anything! I'm already looking forward to the next trip!

5 comments:
So fun!!! I miss those high school days! Her dresses are gorgeous!
Ahhh, Bojangles! That's always one of our first stops when we go to Raleigh to visit my family.
Looks like you had lots of fun; although, I will say that I'm slightly disappointed you didn't get to go to the fair while you were there! :)
Wow, just starting your job you were lucky enough to have vacation or was the trip planned already and you told them about it on your interview. If it was the first, I'm jealous. I had to wait a year for vacation and then it was only 5 days for the next year!
Glad you had such a great trip! It's always nice to be back with family!
Glad you had such a wonderful trip. I love the story of the dress. I hope you all keep it around for future daughters too!!! Your sisters are just as gorgeous as you are!!! XOXO
Post a Comment