Yes, you read right, I'm jumping on the bandwagon and participating in Katie Journey's 30 Day Blog Challenge. I think it will be a fun way to share some new things and keep up the blogging... Since it's day 3, I've got a little catching up to do.
Day 1- Introduce yourself, recent picture, 15 interesting facts
Introduction: My name is Jordan, and I'm a wife, friend, daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, and woman of God. I've been married to the love of my life for 2+ years now, and we're in the middle of a transition from our life in TN back to Kansas City. This blog is the story of our lives.
This picture was taken last weekend when I met up with some friends and fellow bloggers for Sushi... I have to go with this one since I just dyed my hair right before!
15 things:
1. I'm married to my high school sweetheart.
2. He said I love you for the first time in the McD's parking lot.. yes, he's super romantic :)
3. I'm a wanna be runner.
4. We have a fur-baby we love like a child named Cayne
5. I'm the oldest of three sisters (and yes, I had it much harder- hi Mom!)
6. I have moved around a lot and lived in NC, KY, KS, and TN
7. Even though I've lived all over and currently reside in the midwest, I'm a southern girl at heart
8. I'm a K-State Wildcat and LOVE college football (I've got my dad to thank for that one)
9. I'm a Tri-Delta (don't judge) and I loved all that it added to my college experience, including my best college friends
10. I'm also a wanna be cook and love trying new recipes
11. While I'm doing what I went to school for, I also LOVE doing wedding coordination on the side (hopefully I'll do more of it soon!)
12. I drive a mom car even though I'm not yet a momma (Ford Explorer, my friend's little brother told me so.. "Why are you driving a mom car...")
13. My faith is a HUGE part of my life. It means a lot to me, and I use my blog to help spread what God's doing in my life.
14. There's nothing I love more than getting our whole family together. I don't see my family as often as I wish I did, but it definitely makes reunions SO SO exciting! (T-minus 1 day until I visit my family, sadly without the hubby).
15. I'm so excited for becoming a mom (and seeing M be a dad) in the next few years. It's what I look forward to most in the near future.
Day 2- Meaning Behind Your Blog Name
Well, as you can tell, our blog name is our last name, "deFlon". I honestly don't like our blog name and always hoped to have something fun. In fact, I put off blogging for a while trying to think of a name... clearly I gave up. I've been considering changing the name for a while (although not the blog address). Here are a few I've thought about.. let me know if you have suggestions or like any of these.. I can see a change in my future.
Beyond Blessed
When I said I do (and our life thereafter).... this was our song long before we said I do, random, but pretty cool since we ended up married
How to Make a Beautiful Life (and our journey to get there)... This was a phrase from my favorite B-day and wedding card we received. It has advice on life and I love them both.
deFlons daily
Journeys with J & M
Day 3- Your First Love
I think this one is a bit tough... seems like it's been the same thought for several others I've read, too. I met my husband young, as juniors in high school, but I did have relationships before him. While there were certainly times before Matt when I thought I was in love (and said so), something so new came in our relationship. It took a while to fully develop, but our love was different from the more "puppy love" so to speak that I had previously experienced. As we grew in our relationship, our love became less of the conditional love that is so common (especially in high school and college) and grew into the kind of love that lasts a life time. I feel blessed to have had relationships prior to Matt, even if they were young love, because they taught me things about myself and about how to build good relationships. I'm also thankful my husband had relationships prior to me that meant a lot to him. Those relationships prepare us for our spouse and make our love for each other stronger. All this is to say.. have I loved before Matt? Maybe, but it was on a different level, most certainly. Still, I don't discredit relationships of the past and what they taught me.
My hubby and me
Whew- if you're still here it's probably a miracle....speaking of, everyone watching the Miner rescue in Chile- wow- what a MIRACLE!
Goodnight everyone!

2 comments:
I was thinking of doing this also... I already "borrowed" your 101 in 1001 idea :)
I like Beyond Blessed -it really fits who you are and what your blog is about.
Hope you've been having a great week!
No, a mom car is a van! A Ford Explorer is a cool SUV :)
Post a Comment