Thursday, October 28, 2010

Weekend and Day 18-20

This weekend, M and I are off to Manhattan for the K-State Homecoming game vs. Oklahoma State.  I can't wait!  Originally, I was just going with the girls, but, since M's out of town friends are going to be there too, it's going to be a getaway weekend for us, too!  Oh, I can't wait for a girl's tailgate party and nights out dancing!  Oh, and getting to have a weekend getaway with the hubby! :)





Since I'm going to be gone for a few days, I decided to go ahead and pre-post the blog challenge posts...

Day 18- Regrets

I'll be honest- I don't have a lot of BIG regrets... I do, however, often regret little things... snapping at people, or not standing my ground on something that matters.  I would have to say, though, that the thing I regret most is not making the most of each day.  I particularly regret not "exploring" enough when we lived in Memphis.  We never were quite comfortable in the city, but I'm already making a list of things to do when we visit.  Lesson learned- learn your city.. and all that's around it.  I'm trying to do a better job here in KC and when we travel.

Day 19- Something I Miss

I miss living close to my family.
I miss having our own place.
I miss girls' nights in college (hello girls' weekend!).
I miss not having to work out (yea that was back in high school, and I was a cheerleader).
I miss my Memphis and Carolina friends (and the KS ones that don't live in KC).
I (sometimes) miss the irresponsibility of childhood.

Day 20- Nicknames

J Lo/ J Love (Love is my maiden name)
Jordie
AJ (by my cousins as a baby)
J
Juice/ JoJo(before Molly could say my name... I hated these)


Alright, folks, off to pack for our fun-filled weekend! "See" ya'll when we get back!  And GO CATS!


6 comments:

Jessie said...

Have fun in Manhattan! I wish we were going back for the game this weekend but we decided to go back next weekend instead! I'm not even sure if the game is on here in Iowa, either way have fun and GO CATS!

The Yellow Door said...

So jealous!! Wish we were going back to!! Have a blast!!!! GO STATE!

Jess said...

Enjoy your weekend -sounds like it will be a blast! I hope your team wins!

Kelly said...

Have a fantastic time!! My home town is Abilene which is right close to Manhattan, so jealous of you being so close to my family, haha! Did you go to KSU?

Our Volunteer Family said...

We miss you too!

beka said...

I loooove the name "Love" for a middle name- so cute. Have a great time at the game!