Sunday, August 1, 2010

Weekend Recap

Whoa- what a weekend! We have been busy busy with wedding all weekend. We've had a blast, but we were seriously wiped out today! 

We started the festivities on Thursday with the Rehearsal and Rehearsal Dinner at one of our local Mexican place, Jalapenos. 
Bride and Groom, Ashley and Brad, at the RD


Then, Friday, Matt had to work, so he had to skip the boys golf outing (although he got to hang out later), but I got to hang out with Ashley and her friends and family at their new house (complete with their own pool).  It was lots of fun! Thanks for including me, Ashley!

 Friday night, we also had some of M's family friends in town from Florida, Jan and Jeff.  They met Matt's parents at K-State when they lived in Jardine apartments.  Then they both ended up living in Florida, where Jan and Jeff stayed and M's parents moved on from FL after 9 years.  They've stayed friends through the years and it was really great to get to meet them.

Early Saturday, Matt got up and headed to meet the boys for breakfast and skeet shooting before the wedding.  Then they got dressed and headed to the church for pictures.  I spent the morning at the gym with Patricia, practicing for our 5k.  Then I picked up some treats at the store, got ready, and headed down to the church. Ashley had invited me to hang out with them pre-wedding, so I brought some snacks along and headed that way.  It was really sweet of her to invite me, and I tried to help out any way I could.  I also got to watch everyone get pretty! Such a beautiful bride, huh (yep, there's me in the black dress in the background)?


The ceremony was at 2 p.m., and I must say, the hubs did a great job ushering everyone.  It was a beautiful ceremony, and afterwards, I headed home for a bit while M rode the bus for pictures.
The newly married couple.

 Then we all headed to the reception where everyone had a blast.

The first dance as man and wife


Matt dancing with the bride

Me and Cole's (Matt's friend) girlfriend, Jayme.


Me and the hubby

*Some pictures taken from facebook thanks to Ashley's friend, Jamie Jo. 
 This morning we headed over for brunch and to watch the newlyweds open their gifts.  We had a GREAT weekend, but we're totally pooped! Matt and I spent the afternoon napping and preparing for a very busy week ahead.  Congrats again to Ashley and Brad!  We're so glad to get to be a part of your special day!

6 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Ahhhh that is where we had our wedding rehearsal dinner, too, haha!!! Next time I am in town, we need a taco/marg date. Maybe bring the boys along?

The bride was gorgeous--and so are you! I love your necklace.

Jess said...

What a fun weekend! You looked really pretty :)

I have not tried Jalapeno's -I always want to go to Jose Pepper's (it's my fave)!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I loved the brides RD dress!! And I'm pretty sure her actual wedding dress was my number 2 choice. Apparently we both have good taste! Haha!

Sounds like a good weekend! I agree with D.A.R....we should definitly do a taco/marg date and bring the men along!

Gwen said...

Okay...I'm busting in on the date. I'd love tacos and drinks (can't do tequilla here but I love me some beer). You look gorgeous my friend!!! XOXO

Kathryn said...

"Those pictures are so sweet! Yes, I've enjoyed reading your blog. Glad you're back from Maternity leave, but it sure sounds much needed! Hope you're fully recovered now and enjoying your bundle of joy!"

Thank you! :) Doing much better now and enjoying being a mom!

Love the pic of you and your husband!

OLIVER EDGAR SONA said...

Hey there girlie! It looks like y'all have been have a blast with friends and weddings lately. We sure do miss y'all!!! Oliver broke my ell phone so I had to get a new one. My new # is: 843-513-6657 so please text me so I can store your number in my new phone. Give Matt our love and I hope to hear from you soon. Love you bunches!!!

Brittany