Monday, August 16, 2010

Miscellany Monday

I know it's late Monday, but hopefully ya'll will let me slide this time as I sneak in on the tail end of miscellany monday over at lowercase letters:

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters


(1) Oh domesticity.. for a woman without a home of her own, I've been living an awfully domestic life... grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, taking the cars for oil changes, getting tags, etc.  I think I deserve my own place now, no?

(2) Busy but super fun week ahead... I have a jam packed but really fun week ahead complete with book club, Eat/Pray/Love, weekend with the hubby/maybe a couple's day night, and Army wives finale Sunday... okay.. this doesn't sound like that much, but I promise, I wrote it down, it's going to get busy (maybe after I add in the everyday stuff).

(3) Blog makeover.. I've been thinking for a while now of giving the old blog a new look/maybe new title.  It'll obviously stay mostly the same, and I can't afford to pay for a fancy pants blog design right now, but I feel like it needs a bit of a face lift or something.  Any ideas?

(4) Window shopping... I cannot wait to be able to shop again.  This may sound so materialistic or whatever, but I've tried REALLY hard not to shop much at all since I stopped working.  I sort of felt like it would mostly be a waste if I bought for work because I didn't know if I'd even get to wear the clothes while it was in season.  The start of fall, though, is really giving me shopping fever (must be the back to school specials).  

Here are a few looks I'm loving:

I love the colors that seem to be hot this season- peachy pink and black 

[The Limited]

I must admit, I did not try much of the tunic/ pants in boots look last year, but I'm ready now and dying to try it!

[anthropologie]

One of my favorite items for fall- JACKETS.  There are so many great colors and textures (including leather) for Fall!

[francesca's]


(5) God is talking.. having you ever felt like everything you heard, every devotion you read has a message just for YOU?  The last few weeks have been totally like this for me.  I feel so blessed to know God is working in me during the waiting.  I'm being prepared for something (I'll be posting on that sermon I mentioned yesterday sometime this week)....

(6) You scream, I scream, we all scream for ice cream... I will be the first to admit, I have a problem.. I eat ice cream nearly every night.  No worries, though, anyone concerned with my figure (ha!)... I've found some yummy new ice cream choices that are fairly diet friendly.  I'm currently loving:

 
Next on my list:




Well, that's all of my randomness for now! Hope your week is off to a great start!  If anyone is further behind than me, then head over to Cole's blog and share your randomness too!



5 comments:

Gwen said...

Um...I've had to put shopping on hold too. The only thing I'm going to get to buy for a while will be running shoes. :(

Have a blast tonight at book club. I can't wait until I can join you fabulous ladies!!! XOXO

Aubrey said...

I used to get Bunny Tracks - the light version - in college all the time!! hehe

d.a.r. said...

I need/want to go shopping SOOOO bad!! It isn't really in the budget. I had to make room for new undies after Chief decided to render about 6 pairs of them into "crotchless" versions. Not exactly appropriate for the office, haha!

gv said...

I heart ice cream!!! It's my weakness. Enjoy your fun-filled weekend ahead of you.

Crystal Escobar said...

OOoh, that ice cream looks so yummy! I LOVE that purple jacket, so cute!! And I can't WAIT to see Eat Pray Love.
I'm new here, just became a follower. I love what you got going on here and I look forward to getting to know you better!