
1- Oh Baby! Our great friends/former neighbors in Memphis, Sam & Bubba had their first baby last night! We're so thrilled for them and can't wait to meet little Drake! Congrats!!!
The proud parents to be back in May (with us in St. Louis)
Baby Drake and Mommy
Baby Drake
(pictures from FB)
Isn't he a CUTIE!? holy baby fever...
2- Job update- since I spent so much time posting about the job search and whatnot, I didn't want to leave you hanging now that I've started. So far, the job has been going pretty well. There are some things that are hard to get used to (like I wish I had a lunch buddy, as ridiculous as that sounds) and some things that are frustrating (like because the lady before me let people do whatever they wanted, I'm going to look like a big meanie!), but I think that it's going to be a great learning experience. I worry a little about the future and my ability to grow with the company. It may sound stupid, but lots of the upper level managers work a rotating weekend day (maybe once a month or so, plus a holiday), and that's not something I'm willing to do (unless I have no other choice). I'm going to try not to worry about that for now, though. I'm very grateful to have this job, and I'm excited to see how I grow from this opportunity. I hope that once I get the main job functions down, I can do some fun things with it too.
3- Run run run- Woo hoo- so far, I've been able to keep up my workout regimen (although it's only week 2). I even surpassed the 5k mark last week at a whopping 3.5 miles! Hopefully I can figure out a way to keep this all up.
4-You've got a friend... Lately I've been feeling a lot more "at home" here. Not here (as in the in-laws house) but here as in KC. It's been so great to get together with some our same friends (mine mostly from college and M's from high school) and also add new friends to the mix. We have lots of plans for the upcoming weekend, and it's so nice to have lots going on again (especially a lot of things M and I can do together).
5- Puppy love- For all who were curious, Cayne has finally started to settle into his new routine and has stopped eating random things in the house :). Today we put his bed out so he could sleep on it during the day, and I was told that's where he was when Glenda stopped back in this morning. Hopefully this phase is over... if not, we may have to consider a new pup when we move out!
Well, I think that's all for now! Happy Monday night! Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!



6 comments:
I love that baby! So so cute!!
I totally understand the whole lunch buddy thing! I started a new job in May, and much like you, at my old job everyone was my age and we were all friends outside of work and now everyone is older than me and kind of sticks to themselves. Everyone here is super nice, but I feel very lonely lots of days.
Sounds like things are going great! Precious, precious baby! So glad the job is going well and will pray for you a lunch buddy! It doesn't sound ridiculous. We all want to feel "at home" when we're are work. We spend more time there than we do at home! And YAY for your running! Girl, it is so hard. I can't even run a full mile without stopping yet...baby steps!
The little one is so cute! Congrats to your friends. I can understand about a lunch buddy. Hopefully you will find one soon.THanks for sharing your randomness. Over from Miscellany Mondays.
~blessings
Dorcas
http://4sweetangels.blogspot.com/
I feel for you on the lunch buddy thing. When I started my last job I either ate lunch in my car or sat alone in a restaurant for at least three weeks. Then slowly my coworkers started to invite me along with them. It just takes time...but congrats on getting a job. I was fired Friday the 13th, how do you like that? Right now I am applying everywhere and just not hearing anything back!! But it's ok.
Such a cute little bundle of joy!!!
You should email me and let me know if you're close to my office. I could always use an extra lunch buddy!!!
I'm so excited for Saturday. YAY!!!!
Keep up the running girl. You are doing fabulous.
And I'm so glad Cayne is adjusting to the new routine. Maybe he could teach Ellie a thing or two. :) XOXO
Post a Comment