Friday, August 13, 2010

Royals vs. Yankees


Last night, M and I got to go to the Royals vs. Yankee's baseball game last night with Matt's best friend, Jordan, and his date, Brandi.  I rode up to the game with Jordan and Brandi, and we hung out and tailgated a little while we waited for M to meet us after he got off work.  After M arrived, we went in the game and found our seats.  Jordan's family gets season tickets, so we got to take their seats for the night.  They were great seats just a few rows up on the first base side!  Luckilly, we decided to get up and didn't really sit and watch the game very long (it was 100+ degrees, so sitting wasn't exactly fun).  We walked around the stadium, got hot dogs (YUM) and watched kids race the "virtual players" in the kid zone (the kids' area at the stadium is so neat!).

(pictures of kids area at Kauffman courtesy of www.kansascityroyals.mlb.com)




We sat for a while longer (in different seats) and watched a little bit of the game and then headed home.  It was a long hot night, but lots of fun.  I used to love going to Reds' games with my Dad when we lived in N. KY and now that love has crossed over into adulthood for M & me.  

Me and the Hubby- acting silly on the first (and only clear) try

  Oh, that's better (just a little blurry and off center)



And, here's how my workin' man ended the night..


Hope you guys are off to a great weekend already! TGIF (even if it's Friday the 13th).


3 comments:

Makenzie said...

I loved MLB games :) The Royals will always be my team now too!

d.a.r. said...

Looks like a hot sweaty good time! I love stadium food, haha! Beer, hot dogs (seriously, the only place in the world I will eat one), pizza and nachos--YUM!

Ms. Emmy N said...

Aw... cute pics! I love baseball games in the summer, even in the hot humidity! Sounds like a great night, and I love the pic of M on the way home.. haha