There doesn't seem to be enough of anything for a full post today, so here's some randomness going on in my life..
(1) Run, Run, Run- I'm in training mode right now for the 5k I'm doing in about a week in a half. I've added in some short morning outside runs to get used to being outside (even though it's scorching hot here). I've also gotten up to 2.8 miles on the treadmill. I'm hoping to get 1 or 2 more "long" runs in before the big one, which will both hopefully be the full 3.1 miles. I'm actually taking a day off running today due to my knees, but hopefully the break will be helpful. [Real runners out there, please don't judge my lack of "hard-coreness"].
(2) Wedding weekend- this weekend, we have a wedding and other related events for some good friends of ours, Brad and Ashley. The groom was one of the groomsmen in our wedding and Matt will be an usher in theirs. We're super excited for them (and to add some more married folks to the group- none of M's other high school friends who live here are married).
The guy on the right would be the groom, Brad, breaking it down at our wedding
(3) Job Update- Well, not much really to report. I have a few prospects still up in the air where I am still being considered for the jobs (which is good), but I'm still in the interview process. What I'm finding most frustrating is trying to figure out if I should look for a job, any job, to hold me over for the time being (I'm very indecisive about this). I've been looking into substitute teaching in the fall. You can do it in MO without a teaching license, but the downside is that I have no idea how frequently I'd get jobs. Then again, I'm not sure a part time job would give us enough income to get out on our own... if you have advice, it would be much appreciated. For any new readers, I graduated in a HR degree and have had an internship in HR, one in Recruiting, and have worked full time in non-profit recruiting for the past 2 years (almost).
(4) Flower Power- Since I'm at home, I'm hoping to find some time this week to get my craft on (cheesy, I know). Right now I'm loving these pretty flowers on everything from headbands to belts to sweaters. I've even bought supplies to make some headbands. Do you love this trend, too? I love most all things girly! (This one is from Nordstrom, but I know I wouldn't pay $38 for it)
Well, that's all the randomness today. Happy Thursday!



8 comments:
I would definitely look into substituting. When I subbed - I got called almost everyday and actually had to turn jobs down. I know here - you can choose the schools and grades you would like to sub at. It is pretty easy money and I think you would enjoy it :)
One of my trainers is a sub in Missouri and works almost every day. I think it's worth a shot.
We're doing the race as well. Don't know if I'll be running but we will for sure be there. If you want we should meet up before it starts. LOL!!!
XOXO
I'm over from Jenna's blog hop....I was a substitute teacher for one spring semester after I got my bachelor's and before I went back to school for nursing and I LOVED IT!!! I was called a lot in the beginning and then the lady that schedules the teachers and subs just started filling up my calendar! I was happy to know that I would have a steady "job" for weeks at a time!!
Good luck on the job front..I subbed for 2 years in college for 2 days a week and always got tons of calls. Subbings is kind of you can work as much or as little as you'd like.
That head band is cute cute!!
Good luck with the running, I hope your knee starts feeling better!
And I love the idea of making your own headband. I have bought a couple of them with flowers {not for $38, geesh!}, but I bet they wouldn't be too hard to make!
Also, good luck with the job search! I think subs are in pretty high demand, my friend that did it got called just about every day...
The hubs and I are running the Susan G. Komen race, my hubby runs races all the time but I will be in the slow class :)
Hopefully you will get a call soon, but subbing could be a nice job until you find something permanent -it is really flexible and would allow you to still continue your job search.
Hope you have a great weekend!
I subbed for a year. I had a job almost every day and there were times I had to turn jobs down. The worst part is getting the early morning phone calls, but I put in for 5 local schools, plus if you drive over 30 miles to your destination you can use it as tax write offs :)
Good luck with the job hunt, I have my fingers crossed for you.
Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment