Hey Gang! It's Freedom Friday for me aka my last day of freedom before work starts on MONDAY! While the day was a little less restful and relaxing than I hoped, I spent it exactly how I wanted to, and since I have no plans for tonight, I can get to more of that resting and relaxing.
This morning, I had hoped to sleep in, but I just couldn't. Too much on my mind, I think, with all the changes that are happening. Anyway, I got up, had breakfast, and watched my the episode of Project Runway I DVRed last night. I liked the episode, but didn't think anyone designed anything that great. Anyway, after checking e-mails and whatnot, I got dressed and headed to the gym. On Fridays, I go to a class called No Limits Cardio. It is TOUGH. It's all cardio for an hour, and after I'm always dripping sweat! They only offer it on Friday morning, so it was my last time to do the class.
After the gym, I came home, cleaned up, and got ready for the day. Then I drove up to N. KC to meet Matt at his office for lunch. Since our offices aren't really close together, I imagine this may be one of the few times we'll be able to do this, so I wanted to get one more lunch date in together. I had wanted to go to the nearby cute little town of Parkville for lunch, so that's where we headed. We settled on
even though I had had pizza earlier in the week at Blue Grotto for book club (awesome pizza there too). Since I had almost outdone myself on pizza but really wanted to try Stone Canyon, I tried out a little BBQ chicken pizza while M went with classic Pepperoni. It was GREAT, and we hope to stop in again when we have more time to enjoy it.
After dropping Matt back off at work, I headed to my future job for a second and they verified I was good to go to start on Monday. I'm even going to have my own office, which they're cleaning out as we speak.
Lastly, I headed over to Half Price Books on my way home to see if I could pick up our book club's September selection. I was in luck, they had just gotten in one more copy of
I can't wait to get started reading! And it was a bargain at $12.48 plus tax for a hard back (since this was the only copy they had).
Well, off to relax and enjoy the weekend! Hope you have a great one and have some fun weekend plans ahead!



5 comments:
That is a great book - I read it last summer! Hope you enjoy your last weekend before the big JOB Monday. Can't wait to hear how it goes :)
Hope you enjoyed your last work day of freedom!!!
Oh hey-I got an INTERVIEW! I will be in KC again, possibly next weekend. If so, I will let you know and maybe we can get together :) Hopefully I will be moving home soooooon! (and sorry for the weird comment, ha, I am trying to keep the whole job search relatively quiet!)
I absolutely loved the book!!! Enjoy it!!
Sounds like a great last day of freedom.
Hope you enjoy your first day at the new job! :)
Hey hope your first day went well today! Let us know how it went whenever you get a chance :)
Post a Comment