Welcome to another Thankful Thursday. I have lots to be thankful for this Thursday.
First- Thanks SO MUCH to all of you who send comments of your support, prayers, and crossed fingers for my job. Whether or not it works out, I know something good is in store, but I definitely appreciate the support (and am SO ready to be done searching).
Secondly, I'm SO thankful for my Wednesday mornings this summer spent reading with kids in inner-city KC with the Upper room Program. I really felt called to find a way to spend my time unemployed serving someone for God. I wasn't sure what exactly I wanted to do (and explored a few options), but I found out about this program at church on Easter Sunday and was very intrigued. The program ended this week, and it was certainly a little sad knowing it was my last time working with the kids. Hopefully it's an indication that it's my time to do something else...
Upper Room summer reading program (clearly this is not me)

I'm super super thankful that my knees (and the rest of my bod) has held up thus far with all the running. I hurt my knee in September or October last year and was out of commission for several months, did physical therapy for a few weeks (which didn't really work), and finally starting feeling better. Because of that, though, I have to be careful and I usually experience knee pain while running- thank GOD (literally, I pray for the strength to get it done) I've been able to make it so far!
Finally, I'm so thankful to be the "day of coordinator" for Michelle and Jason's wedding this weekend. I am beyond thrilled to get to do this, and because they're DIYing lots of their wedding, we're spending a good bit of time the next few days getting everything ready. I'm so thankful they entrusted me with this part of their big day and can't wait to see it come together.
That's all for now! Until next time...

4 comments:
So fun that you get to be your friend's day of coordinator! Hope everything goes great!
I definitely know what you mean about the job. I am so ready to be done looking. It's draining! Prayers and best wishes!
what a great opportunity you have serving those kids!!! have a great weekend girlie!
How fun to be the DOC....I just loved planning my own wedding!
Have a great weekend!
Have a great time at the wedding this weekend and I think you are fabulous for helping the kids learn to read!!! XOXO
Post a Comment