I can't believe the weekend is already coming to a close... wasn't it just Friday afternoon? Oh well, off to another week. This weekend was a fun one but it was also pretty low key, which was actually nice after a few crazy busy weekends.
Friday night, M headed out with his friends to go to some kind of dirt race thing (I never really grasped what it was). They got rained out, though, so they spent the evening hanging out at one of their houses just catching up. Since moving back here, Matt has gotten to hang out with a lot of his old friends from high school (which brings with it the good and the bad). I stayed in and had the evening to myself (his Dad was out of town and his mom went out to dinner with a friend). I picked up dinner and stayed in reading and watching girlie TV. Normally, I might have been bummed to stay in and be alone, but I think it was needed this week.
Saturday morning I got up early and filled out a job application (great way to start the weekend- ha) and then headed to the movies with Gwen and her little girl, Ellie. It was so sweet of them to invite me along for a little girl time!
We watched
and then headed over to Cupcake A La Mode in Leawood
for some AMAZING cupcakes. I had the French Vanilla Ooh La La- a plain cupcake, but super yummy!
The movie was cute, the cupcakes were to-die for, and the company was so much fun! I spent the afternoon shopping with M's mom, Glenda (she shopped, I looked and offered my 2 cents when solicited). M went with his friend, Kyle, whom we haven't seen since June to Cabela's for waterfowl weekend (woo hoo.. hunting season- hopefully you can sense my sarcasm through the screen). Then Saturday night we three (Matt, his mom, and me) went to dinner at Houlihan's for some skinny Margaritas and great food and conversation.
Today (Sunday), the day was pretty mellow. We slept in and M and I went and got McD's for breakfast. Then we just hung out around the house most of the day because M was feeling a little under the weather. Around 3:30 we decided to drive around and go look at (from the outside) a house we saw online. It turns out that this house is awesome but that it's a short sale or something and we hear there is a contract pending. Too bad because it's a great deal in a really nice (reads: nicer than we could normally afford) neighborhood. Oh well, no big deal, but it did make driving through some of the less glamorous neighborhoods a lot less exciting. I'm not worried about the house, though. That will be nothing compared to the job hunt, I feel sure. And, if it doesn't work out, we'll just rent. Aside from that, I took church in via the internet today, which is a nice (albeit lazy) luxury to have. Since my church does a live webcast, if I don't feel like getting ready (even casual) and going, I can watch from my house. Today's serman was the first part of a three part series on asking God WHY and the battle we all have with that. It was a great first sermon and brought out some really unexpected points. I plan to devote a post to that this week, since I think it applies to everyone at one point or another. We had dinner at home tonight and are settling in to watch a movie. Have a great end of the weekend!



5 comments:
Hey thanks for following! You blog is cute and I am a HUGE lover of cupcakes!! MMM good!
Sounds like a nice, fun, relaxing weekends! I have been craving cupcakes lately so this did NOT help!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog.
What a great weekend - not too busy but enough to keep you entertained.
Like the others - I'm not wanting a cupcake. LOL :)
Happy Monday!
Thank you again for going with us on Saturday. Ellie said you were super nice and pretty. :) Next time I say we need a meal and then pedicures. LOL!!! XOXO
Cupcakes and Gwen? I'm officially jealous!
Post a Comment