I'm SO excited! Today I was given my first blog award, Versatile Blogger, by Carey over at Adventures of Us.
The rules for this one are to:
1- Thank and link back to the person that sent this to you- Carey, thanks so much for thinking of me! Carey's blog is such a cute story of her family and life as a new momma! I love reading Carey's blog and seeing her cute (chunky!) baby pics! :)
(1) While I'm living in the midwest now (Kansas City to be specific), I'm a southern girl at heart, as I grew up in North Carolina and my family is still there. It's great that I get the best of both parts of the country by living here and still spending lots of time traveling back there!
(2) I've moved A LOT! Growing up, I lived in both the foothills and the eastern part of NC, Kentucky, and Kansas. Since then, the hubby and
I have lived in Memphis, TN and are now back in Kansas City. Nope, no one is in the military, I think my parents just have a strange obsession with moving. :)
I have lived in Memphis, TN and are now back in Kansas City. Nope, no one is in the military, I think my parents just have a strange obsession with moving. :)
(3) All this moving did result in me meeting my hubby, my high school sweetheart, Matt, after moving (begrudgingly) from NC to Kansas before my junior year of high school. We dated all through college and got married right after. Now, we've been married for just over two years and are so glad we get to go on this ride of life together (cheesy but true)!
(4) I graduated with a degree in HR and have most recently worked in recruiting (and have really enjoyed it!), but my dream would probably be to do some kind of job in planning and organizing (I was the day of wedding coordinator for a wedding this weekend and LOVED it!). Maybe one day...
(5) Since moving back to KC, I have not been able to find a job, so much of my time has been made up of job hunting. It's been a frustrating 6 months, but I know God has a plan!
(6) Speaking of, my faith is a huge part of my life. I cling to it when times are tough and try to remember to always praise God for the great things in my life. I have found it easier to share my faith on the blog rather than in person. I'm am very blessed!
(7) Favorites of mine: Time spent with my friends (I'm blessed to have them all over the country, and time with them is so easy and so much fun!), Sour Patch Kids, my pup, Cayne, Margaritas, Diet Coke, Nicholas Sparks' books (when reading for fun), Lysa TerKeurst (when reading about God), Country and (more recently) Christian music, traveling to new cities, movie nights with my hubby, family holidays (just to name a few).
Hopefully I didn't bore you guys too much!
Oh wow, this is a hard one.. 15 bloggers I love or have recently discovered (how to choose, so many are GREAT!)
(1) Cait over at From Shopping Bags to Diaper Bags. I love reading about her fashion forward everyday life and journey to future parenthood!
(2) Kathryn at Singing through the Rain. Kathryn is a military wife and new momma. She is a woman of faith, and I love reading her honest accounts of life and motherhood.
(3) McKenzie at There'll be days Like This. I found McKenzie's blog a while back, but it seemed like we had so much in common. She and her hubby just moved from KC back to Iowa and she blogs about their lives together and all the exciting things that come with the first few years of marriage.
(4) Amber at The Survival Guide for the Young, Fabulous, & Newlywed. Amber's blog is a great account of getting used to newlywed life. It's a super cute blog and we have a common love of our "fur babies".
(5) Leah at Happily Herring. Leah is another great newlywed, and I love following along with her life as a wife. She also has another creative blog, Simply Made with Love, which I equally love for the great recipes and crafts.
(6) Ria at Life as a Wife. Ria's blog is a newer one for me. She is a Christian woman exploring "life as a wife" and also growing a photography business. It's great hearing about her life and her pursuit of her dreams.
(7) Brittany Ann at Living in the Moment. I love Brittany's blogs and her stories of every day life with a kick of humor. She is so relate-able and I love hearing of her daily laughs and adventures!
(8) Rachel at Rachel and John. I discovered Rachel's blog a while back and love hearing about (yes, another) her journey through life as a wife. She's my only Canadian blogger friend! :)
(9) D.A.R. at Just another day in {our Midwest} Paradise. I'm sure many of you read her blog already, but D.A.R. is one of the women I was lucky enough to meet a few weeks ago while she was in KC. She's an army wife, runner, attorney, and feels like a real-life friend. If you don't read her blog, you should!
(10) Gwen at Handbag Obsessed. I wanted to award (several) another lovely lady I met here in KC. Gwen's blog is a great account of her life as a wife and mom and her obsession with great handbags, nails, and the reward and challenges of everyday life! So glad I got to meet her!
(11) Domestic Goddess, another KC girl. I have only recently started reading her blog, but I love reading her accounts of domesticity, complete with trials of cooking, decorating, and life as a wife. She's also great at telling about great local things in KC to try (which is funny, since I have actually lived here before, but many are new to me).
(12) Mrs. Eyescansee at The Juice is Worth the Squeeze. I've only recently discovered this one, too, but her accounts of life as a wife and soon to be (maybe already???) new momma are hilarious. I usually laugh out loud reading and am so glad I've found it!
(13) Jesslee at Just Because. Jess is another blogger I've met in KC. Her blog is a great account of her life and her family and also showcases tons of great style and decorating. This girl has GREAT style and I love her blog!
(14) LauraLou at Lucky in Love. She is another KS blogger and I've loved reading her account of her life and her DIY wedding that's to die for! She's shared so many great details of her wedding, and I'm excited to read as she experiences newlywed life.
(15) Brittany at Confessions of a Newlywed. [Notice a trend here?] Brittany's another great wife blogger I've recently started following. She loves her fur babies just life me, and she and her hubby are now expecting!
Well, that's all! I tried to choose blogs that were mostly newer to me to share with you guys! Hop on over and check out these great blogs (and all the others I follow that are also great!). Happy Tuesday, everyone, and thanks again to Carey for the award- my first ever!


9 comments:
Oooohh Emily had her baby yesterday!!! At 5ish last night :)
Thanks so much for tagging me, you are too sweet! I agre--I feel like I have known you forever. Too funny how we just clicked :) Thank goodness for the internets!
I wanna hear about your 5K!
Oh, hun, thank you so much! You are too sweet!
Thank you so much!!! You are too sweet. I'm so glad I got to meet you too!!! XOXO
Aw shucks! You are too kind! Thanks sweet-girl! Great job on the wedding and the 5k! I am still sore today from running that thing -I'm going to try to keep running now since obvs I like to do things backwards like run then train. LOL! Are you going to come to the book club next week?
Wowza! Thank you girl, I appreciate it :) Josh was my highschool sweet heart too! How fun is that. Loved learning more about you!
OH Thank you so much for the award! I'm glad to be your only canadian blogger friend! And I'm excited to go read all those other blogs now too! Thanks Jordan!
Thanks you SO much for the award. You are too sweet. And congrats on your first. I really enjoyed reading the little tid bits about yourself!
Thanks so much!!! I have LOVED reading your blog and about you and Matt!! I wish we would have been able to find each other sooner for a KC meet-up!!
Thank you so much!! :)
Post a Comment