As I live in this stage of waiting, God has continually reminded that he provides to those who are faithful. Still, I think this stage of waiting has awaken many fears I have about how it's all going to turn out and what the results could change about our plan (yes, planning my life is rather laughable) for our life. A few weeks ago, when Matt was out of town, I decided to attend a random church here locally to see what I thought. I don't think the church itself was a great fit, but the message has hit home ever since. The message was about Fear and Faith. The key point was:
Fear is the absence of Faith.
When I accept fearfulness, I am rejecting faith. Kind of stings, doesn't it? So, I've taken hold of this as my personal motto for now. I'm embracing faithfulness and rejecting fear.
On a somewhat related note, I have a few little sweethearts who are celebrating milestones in their faith this weekend. Congratulations to Oliver (my cousin's baby boy) and Jack (my Memphis friend's baby boy) on their baptisms!
Happy Friday, everyone! Hope your weekend is lots of fun!

2 comments:
That's an excellent quote. I'm experiencing similar lacking in faiths - i.e., fear. I need to trust God. Thinking of you!
I love that quote about fear! Thank you for sharing it - and for giving Jack a shout out in your blog :)
Post a Comment