I have a confession to make... when my daily e-devotional arrived in my Inbox this morning, I groaned. The title was Sometimes I feel so Overlooked. It's not that I couldn't identify with this topic- I mean HELLO, I've been job hunting full time for the last 4 months- so I get it. The issue was that I wasn't even sure I wanted to read about someone feeling overlooked. I thought it might get me down and cause me to think about it in a moment of contentment. I put off reading until I got home from the gym this morning. When I got home I resolved to go ahead and check it out to see what God had in store for me today. What a pleasant surprise! You see, today's devotional was all about being overlooked by the world but handpicked by God. The last couple weeks, the job search has picked up a little, but, like always, I can't get my hopes up (because every time I have before, something has fallen through). I felt like this devotional was a great reminder to me that even if, once again, the world (in this case the hiring companies) don't think I'm good enough, I'm still handpicked by God for his plan for me. It reminded me that even through the mundane tasks that make up most of my days right now, God is preparing me for something. Below is an excerpt from the devo (Proverbs 31 ministries daily e-mailed devo).
I am not just doing tasks. I am building a legacy. I am shaping God's kingdom. I am in the process of not only discovering my calling but that of my family as well. And I don't know about you, but it sure does make me look at my everyday tasks, even the smelly laundry in a whole different light.
Lysa TerKeurst
I hope in sharing this that anyone experiencing these same feelings from time to time can lean on God and take joy in waiting for God's plan.

3 comments:
Hey! I know you are in the KC area--Gwen from Handbag Obsessed is setting up a bloggy lunch on the 24th (I don't think I saw your name on the list, but I could be totally wrong, ha!) if you would like to come! I will be in town visiting family and would love to meet you! Shoot me an email if you want more info (ourmidwestparadise@gmail.com)!
Wow, that was just what I needed to hear today!
Hi Jordan!! D.A.R. sent me your way and it's nice to find another KC area blogger. Send me an email and I'll fill you in on the local meetup we have in the works. Hope to talk to you soon!!! XOXO
handbagobsessed@gmail.com
Post a Comment