This is officially my 100th blog post- I cannot believe it. It seems like just yesterday, I was just starting my blog, and now, about 8 months later, I've really fallen in love with it. I wish I had a giveaway or something fun for the big 100, but I don't (sorry!). Instead, here are my top 10 favorite things about blogging.
1. It's my online journal, my venting place, and somewhere I can share exactly what's on my mind (okay, almost anything).
2. I have made new GREAT friends (even if we may never meet in real life).
3. (To piggyback off #2) I have 26 people who follow along, comment, give feedback, and at least kind of care about what's going on with me- I feel the love. :)
4. Blogging allows me to share my faith in a format that's easier for me than talking to strangers about it. Even if only a few people read it, I hope I might reach someone who otherwise might not know God.
5. You all have been prayer warriors for me, especially for Bayler. It means so much to know that all I have to do is post an update and people are immediately sending prayers up. Thank you so much.
6. Ideas, Ideas, Ideas... from cooking to decorating to crafting, I've gotten so many great ideas from blogging. Some I've tried out and others I'm dieing to (probably once we move out), but I'm so thankful to have all these great new ideas. Blogs are now the first place I look when I'm looking for a new idea on something.
7. It's a SMALL, small world... Blogging has been an ever-present reminder that it's a small world, as I've been able to find so many random connections to people.. Whether it's someone who grew up in the same town I did or we have mutual friends or we go to the same church and never knew it or we're praying for the same sick child. It's pretty incredible.
9. Feedback... It's so great to need advice on something and just be able to log on, post, and wait for feedback from the blogging world. It's been super helpful for me as I started training for my first 5k, but I appreciate all the feedback I get on any questions I put out there.
10. Encouragement. Last, but certainly not least is ENCOURAGEMENT! I can't imagine going through these last 8 months (but especially the last 6) without your encouraging words. These few months have been a true challenge to my strength and faith, but each kind word you've sent has made a differenence to me and put a positive spin on the situation. Thank you for your sweet words, thoughts, and prayers- I only hope I've been as great of a blogger friend.
Happy 100 days to me and happy Friday to all of you- have a fantastic weekend!

3 comments:
I agree with you 100% on thsee reasons why I love blogging too. SO glad you decided to hop on the bandwagon!!
I love this list!! I can't wait to meet you next weekend :)
Happy 100! What a fun bloggy milestone! Loved following along with you!
Post a Comment