Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Move for Mary


This is my college roommate from freshman year, Morgan. 

Me and Morgan in our dorm room, freshman year of college.

I'm so thrilled to say that I started training today for my second 5k, which will be taking place August 8th (the 10k in Sept. has been nixed for now).  The 5k is the Susan G. Komen- Race for the Cure and we're running for Morgan's mom, Mary.  
  
Mariah (Morgan's sister), Morgan, and Mary (Morgan's mom)


Morgan's family was always so sweet and welcoming to me, especially with my family being so far away while I was in college.  Mary is currently battling breast cancer, so Morgan has gotten a team of friends together to participate in the run.  It should be lots of fun (my running buddies from the last 5k are participating too), and what a great cause, right?  I can't wait to get "Movin' for Mary". For now, I've got to build back up to those 3 mile runs, so wish me luck as I train (started with 2 miles today).  If you feel led to support our team (all this money going to breast cancer research), please feel free to do so by clicking here.  Every little bit helps, but regardless, I would like to ask you all to please keep Mary and their family in your thoughts and prayers, as they fight this monster.



3 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Good for you! Running for a cause always helps give me better, truer motivation!

Laura said...

Thanks for following me! Love finding other KS bloggers! :)

And that's awesome that you're running the 5k! I usually walk the race, but I want to do the 5k (probably not until next year) in memory of my grandma who passed away 4.5 years ago from breast cancer.

Makenzie said...

Thats awesome!! I have been so lame since my 5k. I am going to try and do another in August which means I have to start training NOW!! ahh!!