Sunday, July 25, 2010

Weekend Recap


Hope you all have had a great weekend! I know I have- a busy one, but fun!  Friday was actually pretty low-key.  I had dinner with M and his best friend (ironically named Jordan, also).  Then I hung out at home for the rest of the night.

Saturday, I met up with some fellow KC area bloggers for lunch at Olive Garden.  Going into it, I honestly wasn't sure if it would end up being fun, strange, awkward, etc.  Luckily, we ended up having a lot of fun and sat around chatting and eating for over 3 HOURS! It's amazing how much you can have to talk about with people you've never actually met before.  It was really great to meet some new people in KC, as well.  I had a great time and am looking forward to another get together (hopefully) sometime soon. 


(L to R: Me, D.A.R., Emily, Laura, Gwen, Jess)

After lunch, I headed home and had dinner with the family.  Then I headed out to the Plaza to meet up with one of my friends, Emily, who was in town from Wichita, and another one of our friends, Marcella.  We decided to forgo drinks on the town for some Cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory (yum!) and good conversation.  I don't get to see Emily that often, so it was really nice to just hang out and talk.

Today (Sunday), we woke up and went to church.  It had been several weeks (or maybe longer) since we've been able to go to church together, so I was so thankful we were able this weekend.  Then Matt and I headed over to our storage unit to check on our stuff.  Thankfully, everything was in tact and not wet (thank you GOD).  Unfortunately, we may have to bug bomb the place before we take our stuff out, as there were lots of creepy crawlers lurking in there (yuck.. guess that's what we get with the warmer weather).  M & I grabbed lunch and headed home.  The rest of the day we spent hanging out, M went to hit a few golf balls, and I went for a walk/run.

All it all, it was a good weekend, and I kind of hate to head back in to the "work" week... mostly because that means M will head back to work.  Hopefully this week will bring some work news for me and we do have a fun wedding week for one of M's friends to look forward to (as well as some company at the deFlon house.  Hope your week gets off to a great start! 



8 comments:

Kitty and June said...

i had so much fun on saturday too!!! have a great week and i'll email you the bookclub info!

d.a.r. said...

I am so glad I finally got to meet you! Next time I am in KC, we will have to get together for lunch/dinner/cheesecake (oh cheesecake factory, I have missed you!). Glad you had a good weekend!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Enjoyed lunch on Saturday! Thanks for the link to your blog!

Jess said...

It was great meeting you Jordan -the lunch was too much fun and I look forward to meeting up again! Hope you have a great week!

Brittany Ann said...

Awww! Glad you had a great blogger meet-up! I'm so jealous you got to meet all those lovely ladies, too! What a great group of bloggers you all are!

Gwen said...

It was so nice to meet you and I can't believe how small of a world it really is. I'm excited for next time!!! XOXO

Myers Family said...

Hello there! I read D.A.R's blog and came over to yours because I had to ask... (don't think I'm crazy) where did you get your silver top!?! I LOVE it! :)

Jordan said...

Hi Shanna! Thanks for stopping by! I got my top at TJ Maxx or Marshall's (one or the other). I'm pretty sure it was on sale for like $10, but I thought it was cute, too! Thanks!