skip to main |
skip to sidebar
5K Friday
Today I registered for a Mother's Day 5k.
As you guys know, I've spent much of my unemployment time working on getting in shape and torturing myself attending work out classes (with Patricia). One of Patricia's friends invited her to run the 5k with her, and Patricia asked me if I wanted to join them. To be totally honest, I was super nervous at first, because not only were they going to do the 5k, but they decided there would be only running involved. I do NOT run! Well, I decided to test myself out this week and see if I could make it a mile on the treadmill without walking.... drum roll please... I RAN 2 MILES! Woo hoo! I know, for those of you who are runners, this is like nothing, but for me it was HUGE. I can't recall if I've ever ran that far before. Since I could do that, I decided I needed to push myself to do the race. I don't think I'll be racing much of anyone, but I am determined to run (or at least slowly jog) the whole thing. The race will take place on Mother's day morning and is benefiting Women's Health (vague, I know). So, any runner's tips? Any helpful hints? If not, just wish me luck, I think I'm going to need it! I did 2.35 miles today, so still have a ways to go in a week's time!

1 comment:
I chew gum, I think it helps keep my throat from being dry. I know what it is like to not be a runner and then start doing it... trust me! I had never ran a mile before I started running in February. It felt so good!! My Mom's advice was to pass people on a hill, it'll give you a boost of confidence- but I frankly couldn't do it- it still felt great to pass people though! My Dad said to never walk, just slow your pace. That, I am sorry, is all I have! :)
Post a Comment