Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wishful Wednesday

At the very end of this Wednesday evening, I am feeling quite wishful. You see, for those who don't know, my 24th B-day is coming up this weekend, and my biggest wish is this:

No, no, not another wedding (although who didn't love being the Bride for a day), but all of my favorite girls together (plus a few new ones I've met over the last two years in Memphis, and a few who weren't able to be at our wedding). It's so hard when you've lived all over the place because you'll rarely have a time when all your favorite people are together at once. That would be a dream birthday for me. I am very grateful to have some great friends and family here to share my big day with, but hey, a girl can dream, right?

On a somewhat different note, this past weekend, my baby sister (who's not such a baby anymore), Molly, attended her Junior/Senior prom (she's a junior this year). Doesn't she look beautiful?


Molly and her date

the back of her dress was gorgeous (so was the tag along pup :) )!

Molly with Olivia and her boyfriend, Jamie (owners of afore-mentioned pup)

Oh how I wish I could have also been there to see Molly all dressed up! It's days like these when I wish we weren't so far away! I guess we just make the most of the times we are together and pray to God they know how much I wish I could be there! Love you, girls!

Here's to wishful thoughts! Goodnight!


2 comments:

Our Volunteer Family said...

Your sisters look just like you! Happy Early Birthday Jordan. I sure do miss you here in Memphis! Just to make you feel better ... 24 is a great birthday - you are still in your "mid-twenties." I however - will be 29 in August and that just sounds plain old! Hope you are having a great week!

Melissa said...

Your sister looks just like you!!