Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy Birthday, Josh/ Outside Run


Happy 22nd Birthday to my "little" Brother (-in-law), Josh!

(Matt & Josh at our wedding)

 We're so glad that we're able to spend more time with Josh, now that we're both back in KC.  Josh is such a great, sweet brother to both Matt and I, and we both feel very blessed to have him in our lives.  Happy Birthday, Josh- hope it's a great one! (We celebrated last night as a family, but I didn't get any pictures on my camera).


and onto the Outside Run...

HOLY COW!  I tried running outside for the first time today during my mini training for Sunday's 5k.  Oh my goodness, it was SOOO much harder than running on the treadmill.  I think there are a few things I learned to help it go better (going earlier in the day before much food, having mile markers on the trail or figuring out how long each lap is, etc).  I'm hoping tomorrow's attempt will go a little better, since today was so tough.  I managed to get in 2+ miles (not sure exactly, my pedometer was off), but I had to stop A LOT for breathers.  It feels like such a set back, but we'll just hope tomorrow goes better.

Happy Monday (if there is such a thing)!




No comments: