Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bayler Bean- Prayers Needed

Meet Bayler Teal, now 7 years old, and who has been battling Neuroblastoma (a form of cancer) for about a year and a half now. Bayler is my cousin, Rob's, oldest child and the first great-grand in our family.


Bayler, just a few weeks before diagnosis
Just a few months before the cancer was found, Bayler was out "aisle runner boy" in our wedding, and the life of the party.


Bayler dancing the night away with Olivia
Bayler doing a little "shake and bake", entertaining Matt's friends

Matt and the boys before the ceremony. Bayler is on the far right. Bayler's cousin, David is on the left of Matt and his little brother, Bridges (who just turned 5) is in the far left corner.
After undergoing a year of treatment (chemo/radiation), Bayler seemed to be doing much better. He was having a problem with his eye, though, and when they went in to check it out, we discovered the cancer was back. Countless treatments, doctor visits, and surgeries/tests later, Bayler is now undergoing treatment in New York, even though all his family is in South Carolina. He is being treated at Sloan Kettering Hospital, which is the best in treating Neuroblastoma. He seemed to be responding well to his new treatment until today. Today they discovered new cancer in his knee and shoulder. His family is heartbroken, discouraged, but continuously so faithful. They love the Lord and have shown incredible strength in their faith through this most difficult journey. It has been truly inspiring to so many, including myself. So, I need, today, to ask for your prayers for Bayler and his family. Cancer is such a beast, but we know God can defeat it, so we put our trust in him. After all, God is good, all the time.

I saw this verse today on Jennifer's blog, and thought it was applicable here:

"Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you."
Jeremiah 32:17 (NIV)


Bayler during a recent treatment

Bayler and his cousins this past Christmas
(L to R: David, Baby Oliver, Bayler, Jon, and Bridges (1 mo
re on the way))

Bayler and his Mom and Dad while on an outing while in NY for treatment
Bayler and his little brother, Bridges hanging out in the hospital
We love this little family, please keep them in your prayers, especially today.



**Also, I have a sorority sister, Alison, who recently lost her dad. I don't know the details, but please also say a prayer for her**


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh sweet Baylor. I will continue to pray for him and his precious family. I honostly cannot even fathom how hard this must be. Especially for his parents. God is more than capable of a miracle and I will boldy ask for one!!!

chloƫ. said...

saw you on d.a.r.'s blog and just had to comment to say that I will certainly pray for this little boy! Neuroblastoma is an awful awful disease and I hope and pray that God will fully heal his body.

grace&peace,
Chloƫ

Our Volunteer Family said...

I will definitely keep Bayler and his family in my prayers. I will also pass this prayer request on to our young married class on Sunday.

Melissa said...

Jordan, of course we will continue to pray for him! God is capable of miracles and definitely able to defeat this battle! Continue to keep us posted.