Well, I've once again taken a bit of a blogging vacation, but I'm back now and ready to get going again. In the spirit of documenting our lives, here's a quick Thanksgiving Holiday recap to wrap up the weekend.
Thursday
Matt watched more football than I could possibly stand, while Glenda and I checked out the pre-sale at Old Navy, but didn't come up with much. Then Glenda and Russ continued to work on the window project from last week. Finally, my Brother in law, Josh, came over to join us for a Thanksgiving dinner just the 5 of us. Russ had smoked the Turkey and it was super delicious and the "kids" all headed out to the movies (only to come home half an hour later after trying to see two sold out shows). We made up for the missed movie by indulging in a little pie- yum! After dessert, M went to sleep, but I decided to stay up to take in the insanity fun at Wal-Mart, since they had special Black Friday deals starting at Midnight. I'm quite the veteran black Friday shopper (I've been going with the women on my mom's side since I was about 10.. kind of a right of passage in our family), so I was up for the challenge, and even came back with some great deals on movies, Rubbermaid tubs for moving, towels, and a mini shop vac! The line was a little insane, but otherwise, it was a productive little trip.
Friday
Just a few hours after finally falling asleep, I was getting up to shop with Glenda (MIL). We had just a few stops on our list, and managed to knock them all out (Target, JC Penny, and Macy's) all by around 11 (including a Starbuck's and bagel stop)- pretty good, huh? I made a few purchases for me and M and Glenda also picked up a few 'Santa' items... I'm thinking I may make her shopping a little easier and hand over one of mine for her to gift us. Then I headed to Houlihans to meet a few of my favorite girls for some good food and chatting. As always, we were there for around 3:30 before we finally relinquished our table left. Then a few of us hit up one more store before heading home. I love my chats with these girls.. I always leave feeling a happier and more relaxed. I can't wait for our next get together. I stopped in a few places before heading home to the hubby. The in-laws were in Manhattan for the K-State game, so M and I enjoyed some quiet time at home before we both crashed!
Saturday
M's extended family came to visit on Saturday and with them brought more yummy food! I think I may have eaten more his Thanksgiving thank usual, since the food was so tasty... We sat around and talked for a while and got the chance to show everyone pictures of the house, which was a lot of fun. Then, after everyone left, we cleaned up, Glenda and I took a walk, and the boys watched even more football (and K-State pulled out the victory...barely).
Sunday
Today I got up and went to the gym (MUCH needed) and M and I went to visit a new church (verdict is still out). Then we drove by the house (always fun!) and headed home. M decided to try to reach his football threshold (I seriously don't get it), while I went out to hunt for some furniture finds (but came up short).
This week we've got the appraisal coming up (which should be our last big hurdle) and I've got some returns to make after all my shopping (go figure). It looks to be another busy one! Hope everyone else had a fun and blessed Thanksgiving- full for Family, Fun, and great Food!
(oh and because this is the only picture I took this weekend, here's a picture showing Cayne demonstrating how we all feel- pooped out!)

4 comments:
You sound like me. I always have to return something after shopping. I'm glad you had a great weekend and I'm totally jealous you had 2 Thanksgiving dinners. :) I had so much time with you ladies on Friday. Those lunches are some of my favorite moments from 2010. I still can't believe I haven't known you all my whole life. XOXO
Looks like you had a fun and productive weekend while still relaxing! Hope you had fun!!!
I love that we literally cannot get together for lunch in less than three hours. My mom was asking when I would be home on Friday (just curious so we could figure out what we were doing Friday night as a family) and I told her no earlier than 3:30....she was so confused, ha!
You girls are just SO easy and fun to be around!
2 Thanksgivings?! Yum! And all those stores by 11 am? I never make it out early on black friday! Glad you had a great, productive weekend!!
Post a Comment