For those who haven't noticed yet, I recently changed my blog name to Beyond Blessed. I've really wanted to change our blog name since the beginning, but I couldn't decide what to change it to. At the beginning of the blog challenge, I through a few blog names around, and finally I settled on this one. I use 'Beyond Blessed' quite often to describe our life. It might not always be great or perfect, but we are so blessed- always. I'm liking it for now, so we'll see if it sticks!
And now onto house hunting... Well, for all of you who gave us props for turning the house down, you can officially take back your words of praise... After checking out 4 more houses last night, we really liked one and thought a couple others could be okay, but were ultimately left confused. Our favorite house from last night was nice, but it lacked the finished basement and we were most concerned that we had missed out on an opportunity for instant equity with our "offer house"- something this new fav. might not have. I guess it's easiest to just say that were knew the "offer house" was worth more than we would have been paying, but with the one we looked at last night, we were worried that the value was about the same as what we'd be paying (maybe a little more). This morning, we got an e-mail from our realtor saying that he checked into the "offer house" to get an idea if the offer was still on the table if we decided we were interested again. From that we learned that the house was getting another offer that night, so it was time to either go back to them or not because there was new interest. After much thought and soliciting some advice from parents and others, we decided to go back to the "offer house". Ultimately, the difference in price was small enough, that we feel we're "bending but not breaking" on what we wanted to pay. We still think it's a great investment, and if we get it, we'll be very excited. Our plan had been to continue looking and then go back if we didn't find anything else, but obviously, that go expidited. Oh well, isn't that just how it goes?
Right now, we're still waiting on the response from the seller. We know they thought an offer was coming in tonight, so they'll consider the other offer, as well. I really hope we'll hear something tomorrow. If we get it, then we'll be thrilled, but if not, we're content having some closure and moving on to something else. So we wait...
Happy Veterans day, everyone- hope you thanked your vets and active duty military today! Oh, and thank you all for entering my giveaway this past week! Tomorrow we're headed out of town for the weekend, so I'll be back next week... maybe a quick post if we find out about the house (one way or another)!

7 comments:
Oooh, I'm so excited for you! The waiting is terrible - I know the feeling. I know everything will work out exactly how it's supposed to, but I'll be praying for your peace of mind! :)
Good luck with the house!! Buying a house can be such a stressful process, but it is so very rewarding in the end! Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend and hopefully we will hear some house news soon!
Just remember, yeah it sucks, but if you don't get it, it wasn't meant to be...
hang in there girl....the right thing always ends up happening!!!
Praying it all works out in y'all's best interest!
The waiting game is NEVER fun! Hope everything gets settled for you guys soon and that you're happy with the end result
I found your blog tonight and think it's too cute! Hang in there with the house process. We were in the same shoes just over a year ago and I can remember how anxious I was! Thinking of you! :)
Post a Comment