Nope, we didn't get it... the house, that is. I'm bummed, Matt's bummed, but we know something else will come up. No other offer came in, but the sellers simply decided they couldn't meet us where we were and we decided we couldn't come up to where they were. We held our ground on what we felt we could pay for the house, and in the end, I think that's what's important. If it had been completely perfect then we might have felt like we could do a little more, but it wasn't... it was great but not perfect. I guess this just means there is a better house for us, but I really hope we'll be able to find it soon. I SO want to to be in our own place for the holidays. We're resting today, but we'll probably be back on the hunt tomorrow or Tuesday.
On a lighter note, for the Blog Challenge, day 27 is about Pets, and we love our furbaby, Cayne! M and I went to TX to pick up Cayne at the end of freshman year of college. While Cayne was technically M's dog, we've always kind of "coparented" him, including the summer I lived with M's parents and M lived on the other side of the state (for internships), Cayne staying here. He's our "baby" and we love him like a real child!
Cayne is... BIG and thinks he's small, funny, loving, cuddly, and a working dog (well, just during hunting season). He also loves his toys (and my Mom can't give him enough of them) and loves having his picture taken. He's a big furry boy with an even bigger personality, and I don't know what we'd do without him.
Day 28 is about something that stresses me out. I'm kind of an easily stressed person, although I've been working a lot on this. M has been such a great influence on me with this one and has really taught me to not sweat the small stuff and to enjoy life more- one of the things I love most about him. That said, many things are still on my stress list... finding happiness in my work, M being content in his job, living far away from family, finding a house and FINALLY feeling settled in our "new" life here, not being there enough for friends and family not close by, coming up against something I can't handle (way too abstract to actually stress out about, I know). Like I said, I'm getting better about not stressing, praying about what is stressing me out, and trying to keep it all in perspective. Even at our worse times, God is still in control, life is still good, and we are blessed.

8 comments:
House hunting is so stressful! Maybe if the sellers don't get any more offer, they will come back to you. I've heard of that happening before. OR maybe this week you'll find your dream home!
Sorry to hear! It definitely means that it was not meant to be! Though this was the only house we put an offer in on, it wasn't on the market when we had started looking either- there were many others that we felt would work, but none that were it... you'll find it! Thinking of you!
Thinking of you through the house hunting process! We've been there and it was a long road but everything worked out in the end. The best advice we were given was, don't settle. Another prefect house will come along...it's a buyers market out there. Hope you have a great week!
Thinking of you...I am so sorry you didn't get it, but really proud of you for standing your ground and hanging on to your priorities. It is so easy to become emotionally invested in a house and make a silly decision. The right one will come along!
You know what...that house just wasn't for you. It's so much better for you to stick with your budget than get in over your heads and I'm so proud of you for doing that!!! Love the photos of Cayne too!!! So adorable. :) XOXO
Sorry about the house:( But I promise, something better - perfect, even! - will come along! And you'll be grateful you didn't get this one!
I love the picture of the pup and the wine glass!
Ugh! I'm sorry about the house, been there. It's so disappointing- but at least you know for sure that it wasn't for you, you know? Sometimes I think the hardest thing is figuring out if God's opening a door or if it just looks that way. So that door is closed- but you know that He has something better out there. Major kudos to sticking to the budget that you two are comfortable with!
Post a Comment