Man, I've really dropped the blogging ball this week.. at least I have a good excuse! This week I've had extra long work hours and nightly plans for house hunting and other things almost every night. I've had a great time (okay except for the work), but I'm so exhausted! I look forward to a weekend of lounging around our house.. speaking of, we're going to be putting an offer in tomorrow on a house we have fallen in love with! I'm not sure if we'll get it- we'll have to see if they sellers are willing to negotiate- but either way, I feel confident everything will work out how it's supposed to. That said, it would certainly be nice to be done! I'll keep everyone posted and be sure to show pictures when it's a done deal (whatever house it ends up being).
I'm getting a little worn out of the blog challenge, but I'm also a little OCD and can't stand not finishing what I start, so I'm going to stick with it (even though I'm clearly way off) and finish!
Day 24- What I've Learned
I've learned.. to look at challenges and hard times as learning experiences (and that through those, God gets you ready for what's coming next).. that all the things in the world can be fun, but none of it can make you truly happy... that family and friends are the most valuable gifts in life.. that a life well lived is one of service to others... that I both blessed and fortunate (although nowhere near perfect nor without problems).
Day 25- i-Pod Shuffle
I do have an i-Pod, but I cannot tell you the last time I used it... I mostly listen to the radio (online radio when I run). It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I never think to download anything. So, instead, I'll just tell you about what music I like.. which is pretty much everything. I love country (judge if you must) and in recent years have started listening to Christian music (which really gives me peace during my commute). I also occasionally like a good rap or rock song... usually get into all the top 40 stuff, and have a love of some oldies but goodies (particularly of the beach music variety).
Day 26- Picture of my Family
The Love Crew (minus M- he had to work) at my cousin's wedding this summer
Our little family- last year's Christmas Card
The deFlon bunch including cute Grandpa.. yea I need to get another family pic
Okay.. I think I'm FINALLY caught up! Keep your fingers crossed for us tomorrow and send all the thoughts/prayers/good wishes our way if you don't mind. Whatever is supposed to happen will happen, I just hope we remember that then.. . since it's not always so easy in the heat of the moment! Now, bed for me... more posts on the way...


No comments:
Post a Comment