Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Birthday, Liv!

Happy 21st Birthday, Olivia!
Picture if from Mud Island when Olivia visited Memphis this summer


Today is my middle sister's (Olivia) 21st Birthday! While I was bummed I couldn't be there to help her celebrate one of the last big fun birthdays (sorry, Liv, the ones from here get far less exciting), I'm thrilled I will get to help celebrate next weekend when I'm visiting my family in North Carolina.

Molly, Me, and Olivia on my wedding day

I feel so blessed to have always felt so cl
ose with both of my sisters. Each time I have chosen to live far away, my relationship with them has always been at the forefront of my mind as I've tried to decide if it would hurt it to move further. I know when Matt and I made the decision to move this time, we did so with the understanding that visits home to see my family were a must and that unlimited long distance was required. I hope both of my sisters know how much I love them and how much I cherish the unique relationship I have with each of them. Today, I wish an especially great 21st birthday to Olivia from Matt and me! I think 21 is one of those years where you're on the cusp of a lot of change and challenges in your life, and it's a year to enjoy. Olivia, be sure to soak up all the good times and fun. Enjoy living with your friends, going on adventures to fun places, and staying out late, dancing the night away. The fun definitely doesn't end, but I think life gets a little more real after this year. Enjoy 21! I love you!



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Olivia!!

Holly said...

I hope your sister had an awesome birthday! 21 was such a fun age! :)