Thursday, February 25, 2010

Leave your Worries at the Door

Dealing with a little anxiety over a job interview I had today. I know I should let worry go... hopefully these will help me focus on what matters and let the rest go to God.

Matthew 6:27-29
(NLT) Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.

Matthew 6:31-33
(NLT) So don't worry about these things, saying, 'What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?' These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT)
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
    May God bless us with worry-free nights and Happy Fridays!

    2 comments:

    Melissa said...

    I'm sure you did great at that interview! Don't be stressed!

    Our Volunteer Family said...

    Here is my favorite verse when it comes to worrying:

    "Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you." 1 Peter 5:7

    Keep us informed about your job - I know you did great :) Jack says to tell Matt hi!