Friday, March 26, 2010

God Speaks

Last week was a bit tough for me as my first week without work. I knew I should have loved and accepted the time off, but ultimately, I felt like not having a job (or really any prospects) meant that I was putting our life on hold. Well God must have known (doesn't he always) how discouraged I was, because this week he's really been speaking and encouraging me this week. The message I've gotten really boils down to a few things:

1- This time is preparing me for what God has planned, and what he has planned will be great.

2- I need to take time to be still and quiet and listen to what God wants me to do.

3- Sometimes God says yes, sometimes he says no. Right now he is saying to me to WAIT.

I'm including some of the scriptures I've read this week that have brought these messages to me. Thank you, God, for your blessings- all the right things at just the right time!


Mark 9:23b, "Everything is possible for him who believes." (NIV)

Psalm 130:5, "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, in his word I put my hope." (NIV)

Psalm 27:14, "Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." (NIV)

Isaiah 40:31, "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." (KJV)


Happy Friday!

No comments: