Saturday, March 13, 2010

Gone to Carolina in my Mind

As I'm sure you all can imagine, I had a wonderful week in North Carolina visiting my family, although, I'm glad to be back safe and sound with the hubby now. Being another 8 or 9 hours further from my family was definitely our biggest concern with moving here, but at least we treasure our time together that much more. After Molly's cheerleading competition on Sunday (they placed 3rd- way to go CEA), we headed back to Elkin, where my family lives, for the rest of the week.

Home sweet home in Elkin, NC


Monday and Tuesday we pretty much hung out at home. Dad and I got to have lunch together at a few places around town (he starts his new job on Monday). I also got to puppy-sit for Olivia's new puppy, Benning. While he's quite the cutie, he definitely wore us out!



Olivia & Jamie's (he bf) puppy, Benning

Mom and I took Benning and one of our other dogs, Sophie on a few walks at the park, and Tuesday night Mom, Dad, and I went to Chili's for dinner. Wednesday Mom and I headed to Raleigh for the day. Our purpose was to pick up bikes from Olivia to bring home, but we used it as a good excuse to get out of town for the day and do some shopping. We love a little bargain shopping (Marshalls and TJ Maxx being some of our favorites), and we hit up the mall, too. I also got the chance to see Olivia's townhouse and visit one of my best friends from back home, Emily. She just purchased her own townhouse and it's very nice! It was so great that I was able to see it while home for this short trip. We all met up in Raleigh for dinner at the lovely Cheesecake factory before Mom and I headed back to Elkin. When I got home I had time for a short visit from another one of my best friends, Lindsay. She came into town just to see me, and I'm so glad we were able to catch up, even if just for a bit (today is Lindsay's Birthday- happy birthday, girl!). Then, Thursday morning, Dad got up bright and early to take me to the airport.

I'm so blessed to have such amazing family and friends back home in the Carolinas. I miss them all so much being so far away, but I am more than anything, so grateful that Matt and I have their love and support with all they do. I hope there will be another trip back very soon (and hope to get to bring Matt with me this time), but until then, I hope they all know they are continually in our thoughts and prayers. What a blessing to have such a close network of people wherever we are. We love you all!





P.S.- sorry I forgot to take pictures! Have to remember more next time...

No comments: