Well, it's been a big weekend here at the deFlon house. Friday night, I went to sleep early while Matt headed out for some night fishing (apparently, very good this time of the year). I got up bright and early on Saturday morning and headed off to Rock the Parkway for my first 10k. It was strange doing the race all by myself, but I was determined to make it happen anyway. It was only 36 degrees when I got out of my car out the race, so I was a little worried about how I'd do. My lack of training time this week was also a concern. I have to say, I've never been more nervous about being able to finish a race before. Thankfully, though, it went better than I could have ever hoped. Not only did I finish (and run the whole thing), but I actually did decent on time (1:01:30)- well, decent for me at least! I was pretty pumped and took in some post race snacks before heading back home. It's still amazing to me that I actually finished a 10k (one of my 101 in 1001 goals). I am certainly not a runner, but it's kind of crazy how somehow I've been able to do it. It may seems silly, but I truly feel like God has empowered me to do this- it certainly seems beyond my own physical abilities, but I'm so grateful for the small (but big for me) running accomplishments I've had.
(after the race- run well done!)
Then, I spent the afternoon having quality girl time with some great friends. After a three hour birthday lunch, we finally said goodbye (until our next get together this week). I am so blessed to have such great friends. It's hard to believe we haven't even known each other for a year. It seems like we've been friends for years.
Saturday night, I was a bit of a dud because I was completely exhausted from the early morning and the race. It was another early night for me (but not before spending the afternoon reading on the deck, enjoying the AMAZING weather).
Sunday morning, Matt had a bad headache, so we took in a church service online (another new one that we really liked) and then, after laying around for a while, we knocked out some spring cleaning. I LOVE the feeling of a clean house! We managed to knock out cleaning the garage, fridge, pantry, downstairs floors, vacuuming the couch, emptying trash, and doing laundry!
Tonight we wrapped up with weekend enjoying a great grilled dinner over at the in-laws' house. Dinner was awesome! We had steak kabobs, grilled potatoes and veggies, green beans, and fruit. The weather was beautiful, too. We even got to eat outside on the deck. Very soon after we returned home, our beautiful night got pretty crazy. We were watching TV when all of a sudden, huge, loud hail started coming down. Oh my goodness! It sounded (and looked) like the sky was falling. I seriously thought we might end up with a broken window. We quickly took off for the basement (so thankful to have a finished basement to camp out in when needed), but thankfully the hail ended quickly. It was pretty scary, though. The cars were in the garage, so other than a torn screen door, I believe all our stuff was (thankfully) okay. What a crazy end to the weekend.
(a few of our hail pictures.. Matt brought this one down to the basement to show me... Cayne brought along his stuffed animal- apparently we forgot his "baby" upstairs-ha!)
(golf ball sized hail)
(afterward out on the deck)
Off to bed to rest up for another busy week of work! Goodnight!






6 comments:
Wasn't that hail insane, it was hitting our windows so hard I was worried it was going to bust one.
Great time on your race!
Congrats on your 10k! That's awesome! Crazy about the hail...you never know about this weather in the midwest!
That is HUGE hail!! Congrats on the run! :)
I'm so proud of you!!! You definitely ROCKED the Parkway!!! That storm last night was out of control!! It totally looks like snow on your deck. We got away with out damage as far as I know which is a miracle since the entire top of my car is glass. LOL!!!
Congrats on the 10k! Amazing! We definitely had some crazy hail also, but thankfully didn't have any damage either. Glad to hear your house/cars are ok.
those hail pics are crazy!!! and way to go again on the 10K! :)
Post a Comment