Friday, April 15, 2011

Fabulous Friday

Tonight I decided to link up with Ria at Life as A Wife! for Fabulous Friday...



For whatever reason, this week has seemed extra tiring- I'll blame my return to college glory for the bachelorette party last weekend...oops... anyway, because of this, I'm THRILLED the weekend is finally here.  It should be a good one around the deFlon house!

The weekend already got off to fabulous start.  This afternoon, Matt sent me an e-mail that his brother (who works at Wal-Mart while he's in school) had his eye on a TV for us (we had not yet joined the rest of the world with flat screen TVs- except for the little kitchen one we got from his parents for Christmas).  It's a 47 inch Vizio and we got it for a STEAL, since they were putting in all new displays.  Matt's parents contributed as our birthday gifts for this year, and it will be a big chunk of our b-day gift to each other, too (ah, life on a budget), but we're SO excited!  I'll be sure to post a picture when it's up!  Yay for a new fancy pants TV! Now I just need some kind of cabinet/console table for underneath...


Matt is going with his dad for a much needed fishing three day vaca! I'm so excited for him to relax.  Work has been a little nuts, and it'll also be good bonding time for him and his dad. 

Since the hubby will be enjoying the great outdoors several hours from home, I'll spend my weekend enjoying secret single behavior! :)

Tomorrow I'm running a 5k at work with Patricia and then I'm cashing in the hubby's spa gift card he gave me for Christmas and getting a massage and special sauna thing (I don't fully understand the special part of this sauna but it's kind of their thing and I hear it's wonderful). The spa only had 2 open slots when I called to reserve, which must mean good things, so I can't wait.  Believe it or not, it's my first massage and one to cross off the 101 in 1001 goal list!


Sunday I'm visiting a church Matt and I previously "visited" online.  I can't wait to see how it is in person! I'm praying I like it, so we can have a special new place to go together on Easter Sunday. 

Aside from these plans, I plan to do a lot of vegging out at home, watching chick flicks and Lifetime movies, and playing around with the pup!  I may do a little shopping or if impromptu plans come up, I may go out, but as of right now, it looks like we're both getting relaxed and recharged this weekend.  I will, of course, miss the hubby while he's gone... it's actually the first time he's traveled without me in a while, but I know he needs it, and some alone time at home every once in a while can be nice.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!  Happy Friday!


5 comments:

ropcorn said...

Ahh, what a nice TV! :p And you definitely deserve a massage after a 5k run. Sounds like this weekend will be a healthy and enjoyable one for you.

Jess said...

woohoo for big tv's! haha! good luck with your 5k i'll be running the 4mile trolley run sunday {let me rephrase that i'll be joggin/walkin} LOL! ill def need a massage afterwards too bad i won't get one :)

Enjoy your nice relaxing weekend!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Good luck with the 5k ... what a great time!! THEN, you can plop down and enjoy the new TV after burning all those calories!

beka said...

Yay! We just got a flat screen last month, and now I canNOT believe we waited so long to join, as you said, the rest of the world! :)

Hope you enjoyed church this morning! Visiting churches always felt so...awkward for me. Maybe I'm just weird. Anyway, hope it was a good experience for you guys

Gwen said...

So exciting about the new TV. I remember when we got ours. Brian was so excited. LOL!