Well, it's the start of another new week!
I've just wrapped up my "single" weekend here at the deFlon house. It's been busier than I thought it would be, but still, all in all, a great weekend. Matt ended up staying here Friday night, so we just had a nice cozy night at home together and went to bed early, since we both had early mornings. Matt left (dark and) early Saturday morning for his fishing trip with his dad, and I got up a few hours later for my 5K for Parkinson's disease. My running buddy, Patricia, and I ran the 5k despite the chilly and windy conditions, and I even got a PR for a 5k (just over 31 minutes.. can't remember the exact time). It was a pretty tough and hilly run, though. Afterward, we grabbed breakfast/hot chocolate and then I hung out at work for a while (my work was co-sponsoring the race). After I left work, I shopped around a little and then headed for my massage!
O-M-G! Let me tell you, the spa was AMAZING! The hubby said he did his research when he bought the gift card, and boy, he wasn't lying! It was incredible I arrived and got changed into my robe and wrap. Then, while I filled in my paperwork, I enjoyed a big cushy chair and warm foot soak with rose petals. It was especially perfect after the run that morning. After the foot soak, the massage therapist took me back for my massage. I decided to go with the recovery massage, especially for athletes. It was amazing. She spent the first half on the back/shoulders area and then did my legs. It felt incredible! Major brownie points for the hubby! After the massage, I spent a while in the infrared sauna and sweated out 600 calories (so I'm told.. I'm about ready to trade in the gym membership for one of these things). It was the most relaxing afternoon I've had in I don't know how long. I'm so lucky to have a husband who knew exactly what I needed! Thank you, baby! Saturday night, I met girlfriends for Mexican and then called it a night early. After my day, I was exhausted!
Sunday morning, I got up, did a little cleaning, and then I headed off to church. I actually really liked it, and I'm excited for Matt to come with me next Sunday. It seems promising that it might be a good fit for us; definitely worth another look. I'm so thankful to be making some head way in our church search! After church, I ran some errands and then met Glenda, my MIL, for lunch. We often try to get together when the boys are fishing. It makes for a great time for us to catch up and chat. It's great to have family here to be able to have times like these. We're very blessed to have such great families on both sides who want to spend time with us and who support us. After lunch, I found a new thrift store and stopped in for a bit and then headed home for the afternoon. I spent the rest of the day picking up dog poop (glamorous, huh?), since lawn mowing season is upon us. We've got to get everything spiffed up around here, since I volunteered to host Easter here next Sunday (eek, I may be crazy! Thankfully, it's just the parents and grandparents...). I wrapped up the weekend with Sunday TV and quality time with the pup! The report from the lake is that they're having a great time and even catching a few fish here and there. The hubby will be back tomorrow- the one reason I can be glad the weekend flew by.
Off to another busy week of work. Hope you all have had wonderful weekends too!

2 comments:
Brian got me a spa certificate once. It was for a full day which was great but I so wish I had friends with me. LOL!!! Um...sweating out calories while sitting sounds like my type of exercise. :) Glad you had a great weekend!
I think I might know what spa you went to... which one was it?? My best friend is coming into town in a few weeks and we always go to this one spa in KC and we just looooooove it! Nothing like a spa day. It is funny how exhausted the spa can make you though, isn't it!
Post a Comment