Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sounds Like Life to Me

Once again, I've gotten a little too busy to blog lately.  I guess it's a good thing when there is too much going on to blog, but I always miss my outlet.  

Lots of regular life stuff has been going on here.  Last weekend's hail did a little (hopefully just a little) more damage than we previously thought.  It basically looks like someone threw golf balls at our house, as there are brown marks all over the back of the house.  All of the window screens on the back of the house are completely slashed, too.  As for the roof.. well, it rained today and there were no leaks that we know of, but there may still be damage- we just haven't gotten to have it looked at yet.  Hopefully in the next few days.  Hopefully it isn't damaged, but if we have to have it replaced, I'm aiming for a new paint job too!  We've gotta make this insurance thing work for us, right?

Aside from the hail, it's been super busy at work for both of us lately.  Matt has been working day and night, and he's even on call this weekend.  I'm so glad he has a fishing trip next weekend with his dad.  Poor thing really needs a break.

Don't worry, though, we've been having some fun around here too!  I had book club on Tuesday with some friends and had a blast as usual! We ate at Spin Pizza (another restaurant first), and enjoyed some great conversation.  This weekend, I'm heading off to the Big Little Apple, Manhattan, KS for my friend, Marcella's bachelorette party! It's going to be so much fun, and we'll get to relive our glory days (oh goodness...).  The boys will be staying at home.  Hopefully Cayne can keep Matt in line- LOL! 

Wishing you all a great weekend!  And I promise, more regular blogging for next week.


2 comments:

Gwen said...

The damage at your house still sucks. But might be a blessing if you can get that new paint job. LOL!!! Have a great time this weekend!!! I can't wait to see photos!!!

d.a.r. said...

Life is so good, no? :)

Hope you are having fun (and staying SAFE) this weekend!!