Monday, April 25, 2011

Golden Birthday

Well, today was my Golden Birthday... my 25th Birthday on the 25th of April!

It was a fantastic, but low key birthday this year! 

Earlier this weekend, I met up with some of my best girlfriends for lunch at Blue Moose and lots of chit chat.  I just love our get togethers.  These girls are definitely some of the best things to come out of my 24th year!

I started the big day off by treating myself to McD's biscuit and Large Diet Coke (Lent is over, so I was craving a good fountain drink) this morning.  I then spent most of the day at work... the down side to celebrating birthdays as an adult.  It was a little sad at work because I only had one person who remembered it was even my birthday... way different than it was at my old job (oh, how I miss the team I worked with there).  I did manage to take off a little after 4 and hit up the gym to work off a little of my monster feast from Easter yesterday.  Then I headed home, got ready, and Matt and I headed out to Blanc for some awesome gourmet burgers! YUM!  I had to take in one more (and  final- don't worry, I didn't eat all 6.. gave 4 away) birthday cupcake... since someone told me birthday calories don't count ;)   Ha! That's a good thing.  This time I went with the banana and it was delish!  As for gifts, Matt and I decided that we really wanted the TV this year, so that is our birthday gift to each other this year (and some contribution instead of gifts from the in-laws).  I'll probably do just a little b-day shopping, since I was unemployed this season last year and my wardrobe is looking pretty shabby!  Overall, it's been a wonderful birthday.  One of my favorite parts was just hearing from all my family and friends from all over the country and all the sweet calls/ texts/ facebook messages I received!  I even got 4 Happy Birthday songs- a tradition (I must say, Matt's least favorite) in my family!  It has all certainly made me feel special and I'm so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life!


So, Happy Birthday to me!  Adios 24, may 25 be the best, most "golden" year yet!

7 comments:

Gwen said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday besides the work (and them forgetting part). Nothing beats birthday calories because they are free for sure!!! Hope you have a great rest of the week!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a pretty fabulous day!

Mateya said...

Happy belated birthday!

d.a.r. said...

Mmm Mickey D's! What a great way to start a day :)

Happy happy golden birthday!

Brittany Ann said...

Happy, Happy Birthday:)

Married In Chicago said...

Happy birthday! Its always a bummer to have to work on your birthday - I think all adults should get the day off! Your blog is super adorable - I'm your newest follower :)

Llama said...

I remember 25 being one of the best years ever...happy happy birthday! It truly is the golden years!