Monday, April 18, 2011

Tuesday Talk

Hey ya'll!  Today was certainly not the start to the week I had planned.  I started getting a stomach ache last night a little before bed.  I thought that it was bad leftovers I ate for dinner, but it didn't get worse (like food poisoning ) or better.  I could not fall asleep last night, so I stayed up getting stuff done around the house and finally drifted off to sleep around 3 a.m......yea.. not good.  I woke up with the same tummy trouble this morning.  It was the same uneasy/nauseated feeling, but I never actually threw up.  I did, however, have a low grade fever, so I decided to call into work and spend the day trying to rest and get better (thanks to my MIL, Glenda, for offering me some motherly advice when I wasn't sure if I should stay home today).  Well, no such luck on the resting (I still haven't been able to fall back asleep), but I do feel a little less sick than this morning and last night.  I've heard of a few stomach bugs going around, so I really hope this will be over by morning.

In other news, have you guys heard about the devastating tornadoes that plowed across the south last weekend?  It was especially destructive in North Carolina, where my family lives.  Raleigh and just south of there were hit pretty hard.  I'm just so thankful that my sister was not in Raleigh (where she goes to school), but instead she and her friends were back in Elkin for her bridal shower.  Thank you, God!  There were over 40 people killed in the tornadoes of this past few days.  Please keep all those affected in your thoughts and prayers as they try to recover, rebuild, and deal with their loss.
 Sanford, NC

On the more positive side, Matt got home tonight from his fishing trip.  They had a great time, although I'm told they didn't catch as many fish as they had hoped to catch.  I'm guessing the most enjoyable part was having a carefree day off work.

Finally, I've volunteered to host Easter at our house on Sunday! It'll be a small group this time, which shouldn't be too tough, and the in-laws will still likely do most of the cooking, but it will be our first family holiday at our house! I'm excited, and a little nervous.  I wish I could do some cute Easter decorating.  I want to try to put a few things together, but it's not in the budget to do much...

Look at this cute tablescape from HGTV.com!  I love the blue egg wreath!

Or this one from Pottery Barn (Over the top? Yes.  Gorgeous? Yes!) ....



More realistically, I'll probably get some Eggs and a few flowers.  Does anyone have great Easter decor ideas?

Well, I think I'm finally tiring out (hallelujah!).  Have a great Tuesday... hopefully I'll be back to normal too!


3 comments:

Gwen said...

Tornados are so scary. So thankful your family is all safe and my prayers are with everyone dealing with the aftermath and loss down there.

I hope you are feeling better today. Stomach bugs just plain suck.

And...I'm sure you have all the time in the world for this stuff (LOL) but you could DIY the wreath with fun plastic eggs. And I always thought a giant chocolate bunny would make a cute centerpiece that everyone could snack on after. LOL!!!

So excited for Saturday!!!

d.a.r. said...

So glad your family is all okay!

And ahhhh I love love love that tablescape from PB! (and I feel like Sandra Lee for using the word "tablescape").

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

That photo breaks my heart -- Such a scary thing!