April is my birthday month. This year will be my 25th birthday (which also happens to be my "golden" birthday). Just the other day, I received an e-mailed posting from Life as Mom, with a little advice she's acquired on what she'd do if she were 25 again...
1. I’d moisturize my skin more often. Wrinkles come faster than you think they will.
2. I’d find a sport or exercise that I liked and get in the habit of doing it before gravity started working against me.
3. I’d laugh more and not take myself too seriously.
4. I’d stand more firmly in my convictions.
5. I’d make my kids (and my husband) eat more vegetables. But, I would not try to sneak in tofu and then live to regret it.
6. I’d value sleep and not take “fat mornings” for granted.
7. I’d never buy cheap coffee. Ever.
8. I’d grow thicker skin.
9. I’d never touch a credit card.
10. I’d laugh at the days to come.
There’s no time like the present.
While I can’t turn back the clock, I can still do a lot of these things now. Better late than never.
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
2 Corinthians 9:8
(if you liked this post, you should head over and check out Life as Mom)
What advice do you have for me, a soon to be 25 year old? What would you do differently if you could do it again? Or if you're younger, what do you want to do before you're 25?

5 comments:
I may have to do one of these, oh the things I'd do differently! LOL! My advice... Don't worry about tomorrow, next week, next year -just live more in the moment and enjoy each day for what it is, Don't wait on what may never come just do whatever it is you really want to do Now! And don't fret over the past, the past is the past, what's done is done! This is a big one (LOL) Life (Each day) is a precious gift so treat it as such, soak up every second and try to enjoy it!
I have you entered for my give*away!
Um...I totally agree with the skin care and credit cards! Lord it took me forever to fix my 18 year old self's mistakes. The other thing I might have to add is to trust your first impressions. They are right on 98% of the time.
This totally reminds me of that Tim McGraw song "In my next 30 years" ha!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!! Excited to read more about ya :)
I'm turning 25 in June and I'd say I'm about half and half with these... doing okay in some areas but some don't apply to me :) Thanks for dropping by my blog!
Post a Comment