Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

He died, so we can live!

Easter was wonderful, today!  We started the day by going to church at the new church I visited last week.  It was Matt's first time, and we brought his parents along for Easter.  The service was great- music, sermon, people, everything!  By the time we left, not only did Matt name this church the best we've been to since we moved, but Matt's parents were talking about coming again.  They haven't been regular attenders anywhere in a long time, so that would be great to have them back at church (especially ours)! I'm looking forward to visiting again, but it seems that this one might really be it!  Praise God! I guess my lent challenge to go to/watch church every Sunday (we missed 1) seems to have led to good things!

After church, Matt and I hosted his family and (later on) brother for Easter lunch. It was fun getting to show off the house to his grandparents, and thanks to the help of Matt's parents on the cooking, we had a great Easter lunch!  (And another one to cross off the 101 in 1001 list!)  I even got to throw a little birthday celebration in by way of cupcakes and gifts! Easter and birthday.. can't beat that, huh?

The Hubby and Me


I tried out making some chocolate dipped pretzels.. they didn't really look pretty, but they sure tasted good!

 Center of Attention
 The Easter Bunny still visits on occasion...
 A few Easter/spring decorations
 I made some fabric flowers for my yarn wreath!
 The family getting lunch ready
 Lovely Tulips.. although they were starting to droop already... (the basket is one of my childhood Easter baskets)
 Posing (we used ham to get this perfect shot- Ha!)
 Food lined all the way around the kitchen

 Birthday cupcakes!
 Soon to be Birthday girl
 Yummy Hot Fudge Sunday Cupcake!
 The boys spent the afternoon napping.. okay we made Matt jump in there to pretend, but the other two fell asleep this way!

Brother Josh came by on his lunch break from work (yes, can you believe he had to work on Easter?) to eat and socialize, but he manged to escape my camera!

Hope you all had a very Happy Easter!  I love that we were blessed enough to celebrate this Easter worshiping the risen Lord and spending time with family!


PS- Tuesday, I'll post Tasty Tuesday with my new Low Fat Potato Casserole Recipe I made today- pretty tasty!

5 comments:

Laura said...

love the pictures :)

and I really love the flowers on the yarn wreath!

Gwen said...

I love your fireplace, and your wreath!!! So spring!!! Your birthday cupcakes look delicious and I know the pretzels can look wonky sometimes but they always taste fabulous. LOL! Glad you had a great Easter and hope you are having a wonderful birthday!

Kitty and June said...

happy birthday! so jealous you found a church! that is so wonderful! your holiday decor looks so cute! glad you guys had a great day!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

You look so pretty in pink! That looks like the perfect celebration!

d.a.r. said...

Mmmm cupcakes!!

You look so pretty!! Have I told you lately that I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair?!