Hope everyone has had another great weekend; I know we have. This weekend has been kind of nice because it's the first weekend in a while where we have had most of the weekend just to ourselves. While I LOVE having lots of friends here, every once in a while I miss the time with just us. Most of the reason for alone time this weekend was because Matt was on-call. While this is normally kind of annoying, this weekend it turned out to be a good time for us to just relax. Matt spent most of the night working on Friday night, so we just hung out at home. Saturday morning, we slept in and then I headed off to my work BBQ while Matt stayed at home to do a little work and watch the K-State game (unfortunately, the down side to the on call was that we couldn't go, even though it was in KC).
The BBQ was a great time to interact with some of my new co-workers and watch residents, employees, families, and neighbors enjoy some great food (including a "free" ice cream truck), music, and fun.
After the BBQ I headed home to hang out with Matt. Then last night we headed out for a movie date to see The Town.
The Town, in case you haven't seen the previews, is a robbery action type flick based in Charlestown, a section of Boston (from what I understand). It was Matt's choice, but I actually really liked it. It was pretty intense at times, but also had a relationship story too it, which kind of balanced it out. I'd definitely recommend it!
Today, Matt and I slept in later that I have in months. When we finally got up, I headed to Marshall's to do a little bit of shopping and stocked up on leggings and a few new tops. I've been trying to add just a few things for now until we get into the cold of winter and I need more sweaters and boots. Unfortunately, I didn't find the flats I was looking for, but I'm kind of picky on flats (btw- if any of you wear a 7.5, I have a twice worn pair of Nine West black flats I bought last spring and have decided are too narrow for my feet, so let me know if you're interested in them).
After shopping Matt and I headed out to drive by a few houses just south of town again. The "drive bys" went well, and we're really excited to start looking for real some time soon. We're hopeful we'll find something great in our price range (and if not, we'll rent and that will be alright too).
Unfortunately, we didn't get to go to church as planned tonight because Matt had a phone call he had to do at 6 for work (but we're scheduling it in next Sunday since we've been lazy the last few weeks). We've wrapped up the weekend at home with M's parents. Off we go into another work week! Hope everyone else has had a nice, restful weekend too!
P.S. I've been working on putting my list together for the 101 in 1001 that I've seen several other bloggers do. I plan to post it sometime this week, so keep your eyes peeled! :)







2 comments:
haha, i had a hard time thinking of 101 things to do!! also what does matt do?
I'm working on my 101 in 1001 to post this week too! Glad you had a good weekend!
Post a Comment