Thursday, September 9, 2010

Control Freak

You would think after 6 months of being jobless {and finally finding something}, I would have learned a thing or two about letting go and letting God.  Well, I feel like I've been back to my old ways, and I've been trying way too hard to control all of the changes and things going on in our life right now.  I've become a worry wart once again and lost track of those amazing lessons on Trusting God that I picked up during my period of waiting.  Over the past few weeks, God has really been working on me to let go of control and truly trust my life to Him- my job, Matt's job, our living situation, our finances, our future family, and everything else.  Since I'm a planner (and admittedly a bit of a control lover) by nature, having a death grip on the "steering wheel of our life" seems very comfortable, but I know that this isn't how we're meant to live and it isn't what God has planned for us.  I'm letting go. I'm giving it back to God and holding onto the truth that his way is the best way for us.  This doesn't mean I'm sitting out life, waiting on whatever's next or that I don't have any input on the path we take.  It just means that I want what we're supposed to have, and I don't want to miss out on anything great because I'm fearful and controlling.  


And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
 2 Corinthians 9:8

For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it.
Mark 8:35

The Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire. 
Isaiah 58:11


and here's one more inspiring note from one of my favorite Christian songs...

The Words I Would Say- Sidewalk Prophets

Be strong in the Lord and,

Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
Thank God for each day,
His love will find a way,
These are the words I would say... 




6 comments:

Mateya said...

I love that song!

Gwen said...

Letting Him have complete control is so difficult. Believe me I know and I definitely struggle. You'll get there my friend. :) XOXO

beka said...

Totally there with you- I am such a control freak and not knowing everything, being able to control everything definitely stresses me out! It's hard to trust God fully- but at least you've recognized that and are trying!

Brittany Ann said...

I understand. So often, God has proved his loyalty and infinite wisdom in His plan for me. And yet, I'm still struggling with control. Every day, it seems:)

d.a.r. said...

Thank you for the reminder!!! I definitely needed to read this :)

Anonymous said...

Great reminder. I need to do this too!