Yep, I'm wrapping up this week, but didn't manage to get it done yesterday. I may or may not have fallen asleep watching TV in bed last night... good thing the hubby also feel asleep. We were completely exhausted from this week!
My week wrapped up a little crazy but a lot better than it started. Thursday, I got to have lunch with the lovely Gwen (from Handbag Obsessed). We had soups and salads at Panera and got some yummy cookies to go. This was my first time getting out of the office at lunch and it was MUCH needed. Thanks, Gwen for joining me!
Thursday night was a great premiere night for me on TV. Matt was gone to a DU Banquet, so I got the TV to myself for three straight hours a little bit of TV. I watched the new show, My Generation, Grey's Anatomy, and Private practice. The verdict is still out on My Generation. I think it's an interesting concept (following a few people from the h.s. class of 2000, 10 years later), but I'm not sure yet if I'm into it. Grey's was pretty good. I like the twists that were added by the finale last year, so I'm hoping for a great rest of the season. Private practice was good, too, although Grey's was best this week. Anyone else loving premiere week? I cannot wait for Sunday night!!!
Friday was truly a T.G.I.F. kind of Friday. After a long week, I was SO ready for the weekend. Work was interesting on Friday. I deemed Friday the "I don't know anything day" because there were so many issues that came up with employees that I didn't know how to handle/anything about/the policies to deal with it. This job is certainly a good learning experience, which is really good. Some things I enjoy more than other, but the learning is definitely good. It's kind of strange, because it's bringing up things I haven't done or learned about since college.
After work, I decided to try out a little discount grocery shopping and made my first Aldi trip. I've been working on trying to use coupons and see about ways I can save money on groceries. It's not been super easy, especially when we can't really shop in bulk or stock up a freezer right now. That said, I had noticed in the paper that Aldi seemed to have some great deals (if you don't mind buying off brand), so I made a quick trip. I found some really awesome deals, the best of which were on Milk, shredded cheese, disinfectant wipes (like Clorox wipes), and 100 calorie pack cupcakes (like the Hostess ones). I definitely think it was worth going, and I'm thinking of adding in a trip about once a month to supplement my regular grocery runs. I'd be curious to hear if you guys have good money saving grocery tips.. I'm not so good at it yet.
Anyway, Friday night, we wrapped up the week with dinner out with one of Matt's friends, "Heil" and his girlfriend, Heidi. We ate at Sunset Grille, which was super tasty, and had some great conversation. These two are getting ready to move to Iowa for Heil's new job, so it was nice to get to spend some time together before. And, we all know I love a good couple's night. Tonight, we have a Going Away Party for them at Tanner's.
I also have to wish a special Happy Birthday to this guy:
Matt's Grandpa.
He's such a sweetheart, and we love being able to see him more often now. Unfortunately, we're missing his birthday shin-dig tonight, but we're hoping to make a dinner date with him and his lady friend, Joyce, sometime soon! Happy Birthday, Grandpa!
Well, this girl's off to root K-State on (because this game is ugly so far) and try to rest off this nasty sinus headache! Hope you all are having a fabulous Saturday!



4 comments:
I just ate at Sunset Grille for the first time a few weeks ago and loved it! And Tanner's is always a good time :)
Go state! We went to the game, and the weather got all kinds of nasty and everyone was moved in to bramlage for an hour. definitely made me miss goin to games as a student!!
I liked the Grey's season premier!
I enjoyed our lunch so much!!!! It was nice just to get out of the office for a while. We might have to make that a regular appointment. :)
Glad you had a great weekend and I really hope Matt's Grandpa enjoyed his birthday!!! XOXO
Post a Comment