Tonight I met up with some fun ladies for our monthly book club. This month the restaurant of choice was 75th Street Brewery.

I'd never been there before, and I have to say, it was pretty good! The atmosphere was great, too!
The book we had read this month was The Help.
I know lots of you have read it already, but if you haven't, you must! The book is about Mississippi in the 1960s, the civil rights movement, and the relationship between "the help" and their white employers. It was a great story with a little bit of every emotion involved. It will make you wonder what your life would have been like during those times, and we all agreed- you'll definitely wish the book would keep going! Bonus- The Help is coming out as a movie in April 2011!
Next month, we're reading The Happiness Project.
Looks like a good one and a little different type than our previous two. Can't wait to get started!
Happy Tuesday!



7 comments:
Okay. I'm joining this next month!!! I need to track the book down for sure. Glad you all had a fabulous time!!! XOXO
I loooved The Help (I'm recommending it to everyone I know)... and I can't wait to start on our new book -it looks really fun!
That black bean burger was so yummy (I've had a recipe for one for a while now but had never tried it and now I'm going to try to revamp it to match the taste of the one from 75th Street).
I wish we had a book club around here! But who knows, maybe we do ;)
Missed you guys yesterday! Jamie has a cold and I didn't want to bring him...Adam got stuck late at work. Boo! I've got the book on order for next month!
Yay, now I know what book to get started on for next time- looks like a great one! Glad you guys had fun!
last night was so great!!! i'm so glad we're doing this!!
i really need to work towards my book goal. i never read and it was a resolution this year. thanks for the motivation!
Post a Comment