Today is my first time to participate in Miscellany Monday, but it seems so fitting with my life right now, so here goes!
a glimmer of hope
Today I got an e-mailed invitation to a group interview for a HR Manager position for next Wednesday. I'm not sure about the whole group interview thing or you know, if this opportunity is "the one", but I am THRILLED for a glimmer of hope. At least it's an interview, and I'm going to focus on that!
wedding gifts
One of my biggest tasks over the next few weeks is finding awesome wedding gifts for weddings of our friends. I love giving gifts with lots of thought to them. I know that I can always order off the registry, but I like to give something more personal if I can. What are your favorite gifts you either have given or received on your special day?
exercise queen
Now that I'm back from vacation, my goal this week is to get back into my "exercise queen" ways that have dominated my unemployment. I feel like I'm probably in the best shape of my life right now, so I want to be sure not to let it go now! Patricia (who ran the 5k with me a month ago) has asked me to do another race at the end of September. It's a 5k/10k to raise money for pediatric brain cancer, I think, and we're going to try really hard to do the 10k.. I'm not sure it seems totally realistic to me yet, but I think it's do-able since we have a while to train this time. Wish us luck!
Another Great Read
Last week, while I was at the beach, I managed to finish another Kristen Hannah book, True Colors, and it certainly did not disappoint. It was another amazing story about sisters, family, love, and making tough decisions. I highly recommend you check it out if you're looking for a good summer read. Once I got past the first 30 pages or so I could not put it down (which is saying a lot since it's almost 500 pages- don't let that stop you!).
Well, I think that's all for me this Miscellany Monday. Hope everyone has had a great first day of summer and a great start to the week!



1 comment:
I just picked up True Colors at the store yesterday blind, just on a hunch, ya know? Good to know it's a good read!
Post a Comment