Last night, the hubby and I celebrated our 2nd Anniversary with dinner out at Garozzo's- an Italian place here in KC. It was one of those nights where I was bound and determined for everything to go perfectly and pretty much everything after this picture was taken did not. M and I got to the restaurant and started talking and got into a "fight" about some future plans for us... I think it pretty much boiled down to whether or not we're basically starting over now that we've moved here. It was basically just a lot of frustration about feeling stuck right now while we wait for me to get a job so we can move on with life. To top that wonderful conversation off, our food wasn't very good (even though everyone said it was a great place to go), and M was exhausted, so we just went home after. On the way home and after we got back, we did talk about our frustrations and reached a much better understanding of where we each were coming from, I just wish the pent up frustration over our situation hadn't exploded on our anniversary. Once we got back, we did enjoy the rest of the evening together. We looked through our wedding album, watched TV, and wrote in our Anniversary Journal- my favorite part. Our Anniversary Journal is an idea I got online last year. We write in it each year on our anniversary and we wrote down our 5 favorite things that happened this year and then some thing we would each like to do or accomplish next year. It's nice to look back, and I hope we'll keep it up so we can show our kids one day. Well, I guess our anniversary was only a partial fail of a night! It will teach me to quit putting so much pressure on date nights in the future! Well, I'm off to work a little more and finish packing- headed to NC tomorrow for a wedding weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You look so cute!! I love the Anniversary journal idea. I hope you don't mind if I "steal" it!!
You looked adorable!! Glad ya'll had a great anniversary!
Where did you get your dress? It's beautiful! And I also love the anniversary journal. I might also do that because it's brillant!!
How beautiful did you look? Wonderful!
P.S. I'm glad my husband and I are not the only ones to have a bit of a tiff with each other while out on dates! Oh well! As long as we overcome them, we enjoy the evening too!
Great photo!!! I am glad it turned out better! Plus, I bet it was night to get out of the house- just the two of you!!!
I think our first year of marriage was incredibly tough since I didn't have a job- the frustration in that alone is enough to cause problems! When our self-esteem, finances, and our idea of a perfect life aren't what we imagined, life gets rough!
You have a much more positive attitude than I did! I was a complete lame-o! :)
Post a Comment