Monday, June 7, 2010

2 Year Anniversary

I can't believe it! Matt and I have been married for 2 years today!  Wow- how time flies.  Year two for us has been a whirlwind.  For us, our first year seemed so easy (don't worry, we still had our challenges,  just not the typical hard first year of marriage you hear about).  Year two has definitely pushed us and has really made us put forth more of an effort.  At the same time, I'm so proud of us for continuing to rely on God and on each other to get through it all.  Within the last year, we have settled into our first home, Matt  has changed jobs, we have sold our precious first house, we have moved to Kansas City, and we're now in KC with me searching for a job and Matt enjoying his new one.  I can't say everything about this year has been easy and perfect, but I can say I love my husband more now than I could have ever imagined.  He continually builds me up, supports me, encourages me when I have my doubts, and reassures me of God's great plan for my life (and ours), when I start to get discouraged.  Not only that, but he makes life fun and exciting, and I love that I get to share every day with him.  As we enter year three of marriage, I think we have so many great things to look forward to: new living arrangements, new jobs ( I hope!), adjusting to and enjoying our new life in KC, and much more (yes, sisters of mine- maybe even starting a family one of these days).  All I know is that life is a journey to be enjoyed, and I look forward to reminding myself of this and living in this way with my husband by my side in the years to come.  I love you, Matt!  I am truly blessed to call you my husband!

Our Wedding Day- Greatest day of my life thus far
Our First Anniversary in our First Home
Just before our 2nd Anniversary


Well off to do a little work and things around the house before the Anniversary dinner tonight!

5 comments:

Rachel and John said...

Congrats on your 2 year anny! Your wedding looks beautiful! I love your hair!!

Melissa said...

Happy anniversary!!

Brittany Ann said...

Happy 2 Years! Here's to a lifetime more!

Makenzie said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love the wedding picture :)

Our Volunteer Family said...

Happy Anniversary - Jack is ready for a play mate!